petrol prices

Old Dec 15th 2010, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: petrol prices

Train from the airport to the city was 15 bux aussie each, train was filthy but it was a fast efficient service

Neil
Old Dec 15th 2010, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by teambwr47
Err cheaper in real terms than Wellington train tickets and you don't travel on trains that should have scrapped 20 years....

Oh and they seem to run without the daily failures and excuses that we have to put-up with.
i understand, however what I was trying to say is I can afford here to live very close to where I want to be, my money on real estate goes further here, so I don't have the need to for a train or bus. Even when I lived in Annandale a bus to the eastern suburbs would take an hour, and that's just to go for a swim. As Annandale is inner Sydney I couldn't possibly hope to buy a house let alone be mortgage free in such a neighbourhood these days, the prices of real estate on the Eastern suburbs and north of the Bridge must be eye watering.

I also found the trains in and around Sydney filthy, especially the ones that travel out west, but it was a long time ago, maybe they have cleaned up their act!
You have to live in a place and use the trains regularly to know that they run without daily excuses/delays, this is true of Wellington as anywhere else.
It is possible to have a holiday in London and come to the conclusion that the trains/underground run smoothly but anyone who has to use those services regularly knows this is not the case.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

So as petrol rockets towards NZ$2.00 and we consider a move to OZ i thought I'd check the prices there.......

Hmmm todays price for Unleaded - AU$1.22

In other words NZ$1.60.........
And given the disparity in the average wage does that not make petrol even more expensive in NZ than the exchange rate implies?
Old May 4th 2011, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

So now at 221.9 Is Petrol not now artificially high? Have they not used the excuse of uncertainty in the middle east too much! Sprouting supply and demand. I don't see supply having gone down, i don't see restriction at the pump... we can buy as much as we like as long as we pay for it...

random rant and thoughts over...
Old May 4th 2011, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

So as petrol rockets towards NZ$2.00 and we consider a move to OZ i thought I'd check the prices there.......

Hmmm todays price for Unleaded - AU$1.22

In other words NZ$1.60.........
I consider driving a car as a luxury and a privilidge. We probably are getting ripped off but that is NZ for you. Why do you think so many jump ship to Oz? The good ship NZ is in a shit load of trouble. I think I would be off to Oz if my kids were not so settled here. Also we can live here quite comfortably due the stage of life we are at. I would NOT be prepared to live in NZ if I was skint..no way. It is beyond why anyone who is not yet here does not have Oz in their sights 1st (unless of course they don't like snakes, crocs etc and high temps).
Old May 5th 2011, 6:13 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I, like I suspect many others, am selling my V8 gas guzzling ute. Probably have to give it away as I doubt many want to take one something like that in the current climate. I'm sticking with my 1973 diesel Kombi, it seems to run of fresh air. Love it!!