Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Pegasus Development?

Pegasus Development?

Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of
Default Pegasus Development?

Hi all,
Were not sure at present on if were going to CHCH or Nelson area, (will depend on work offers) but would be interested to hear if anyone has been out to this site recently? i visited the site last year but am crap at visulising what it would like like look like in the furure, and as it only had about 12 houses when i looked i didnt really get a very good idea. I got the fling during my last visit that some CHCH residents were against the development? If any could give me an up date, or just their views (good and bad) i would be greatfull. Many thanx KC
Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

steviec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pegasus Development?

I get the feeling of a 'cult' settlement about Pegasus. Security parked at entrance road to site every night. Nice golf course just been completed. Houses seem bit over priced for what you are getting, probably trying to keep riff raff out. That is just My opinion.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 11:13 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

It's a decent place. A bit far out of the city for our liking, but in the sunshine it is coming on well. Much of the land scaping is now finished, and there are a few more than 12 houses up now. Lots of expat families/ immigrants have moved there, and in 5 years I can see that it is going to look pretty good as things develop. Just a shame that the section sizes aren't all that compared to the buying you can get in Rolleston at present.

The security on the gate at the weekends is to stop boy racers from racing around the roads there on the stages that are yet to get houses as they would make perfect race circuits!

You could certainly do worse, but it entirely depends on what you personally want from a house and its location.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Why not have a look on here

http://www.pegasustown.com/the-town
Old Jan 13th 2010, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Will be a good size when finished,but that wont be for another 10 years.
The thing i don't like about it that it is basically built on sand and have been told that some of the houses have bad cracks appearing already.
Will have great facilities on the site,we were interested when we arrived but found that the covenants were extremely over the top and the sections are small. Golf coarse looks good.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 5:45 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We went up there last weekend. Can't say an awful lot has changed. Personally think the sections are overpriced and once all the building work is completed (like others said in about 10 years time by the looks of it!) you'll lose a lot of the stunning views there now - it'll just be fences and rooftops and it'll just be one huge housing estates with inches between neighbouring properties - much like a UK housing estate They're still aren't that many houses built up there and I considering how much is left still to be built, I personnally would not want to live on a perpetual building site. We looked at some of the prices - waterfront apartment $1.7 million? There are decent sized sections if you've got the money but IMHO there's far better available on the market for the same price (10 acres with house, fab views and neighbours a good deal further away) and no stupid covenants attached - I mean why would you pay OTT to be on cramped section and then not be able to do what you want in your own garden? From what we've read the covenants cover what height the grass on your lawn must be, what garden ornaments you can have, no trailers on driveways, no sleepouts, no washing in sight, and no arguments! If Stepford's your thing, then it'll be the ideal place to live
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
It's a decent place. A bit far out of the city for our liking, but in the sunshine it is coming on well. Much of the land scaping is now finished, and there are a few more than 12 houses up now. Lots of expat families/ immigrants have moved there, and in 5 years I can see that it is going to look pretty good as things develop. Just a shame that the section sizes aren't all that compared to the buying you can get in Rolleston at present.

The security on the gate at the weekends is to stop boy racers from racing around the roads there on the stages that are yet to get houses as they would make perfect race circuits!

You could certainly do worse, but it entirely depends on what you personally want from a house and its location.

Hi thanx for the info, Rolleston is prob our preferred option (been very impressed by teebrowns progress) or Sumner, but was curious how this was
shaping up over the last year, didnt realise it had covenants thou. Will have to wait and see which job comes up first and go from there.
Thanx Jacki
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

We were just out there last Saturday to have a look around. I have thought that it would be a nice development when it is more complete. I think the amenities will be very nice. I liked the outdoor features, the lake and so forth and saw some scuba divers there. As for being built on sand, yes it is close to the beach, but if soils cannot support houses as has been suggested one wonders how the development even got started.

I personally don't think covenants are stupid. I live in a very nicely laid out development now and we have covenants. This means for example we don't have houses with fences in front of differing heights, colours and building materials. We enjoy a nice streetscape giving the community a nice feel to it. I believe that at Pegasus that the laundry covenant has to do with no whirly type set ups. You would have to use the collapsable type that hang on the fence which many people already use. I have lived next to people who parked their boat in the driveway and it was really just an awkward eyesore as we could not see to get out of our drive and our kids would play and enter the street on their bikes and could potentially be hit by a driver not able to see. In Burlington Ontario, there is a by-law that does not allow people to keep boats or caravans in their driveway. Thank goodness there are lots of places around for those who want sleep outs, boats, caravans and dirt bikes all parked up behind their multi coloured iron fence.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

They have spent millions on it but that is reflected in the prices which are well above what they should be unfortunatley

Neil