PC Gone Wrong!

Old Jul 19th 2005, 11:05 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PC Gone Wrong!

This is for anyone who won't just GET A GRIP!!
Old Jul 19th 2005, 11:11 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bookemjano
I'm going to write into the school and make a complaint, and copy it to the Chair of Governors. I hate making trouble in a school, I know they have a really hard job, but it seems they don't shy away from making it even harder from themselves. Helen wants to write a letter for her file as well and has told the teacher that if they say the file has to have full information on it it needs to have her letter. I hope writing it on white paper doesn't cause problems!

In the meantime I've told her to have the other four girls over for tea on the last school day and they can throw what food they want at each other. They're a great little group, they don't deserve this crap. I just hope that's not the day the house buyers decide to pop in!
What an unbelievable story. It makes me reading it. I hope that your daughter and her friends can quickly forget this nonsense and just get on with life (i.e. not giving a s**t about race or colour).

I also hope you get some satisfaction from the school. Like you say, they do do a difficult job but when the girls all tell them what happened, they should have dropped it. Muppets.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I would go back and accuse the teachers of being racist in that they are discriminating against your daughter and her friends for the fact they are white. Then tell them you will go to the press and see how quickly they start to back down.....Racism works both ways.

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Update - all four girls had to apologise to the asian girl even though she told the teachers she started it and it was just fun, who is so embarrassed about the whole thing and is now worried her four best friends are going to treat her differently, my daughter is worried that everything she says to her asian school peers can be construed as offensive (the school is 35% asian) - so who's come off worse because of so called political correctness? A group of girls who have been best mates for months now have tension amongst them that wasn't there before, 5 sets of parents are up in arms, teachers have wasted god knows how much time investigating a problem that wasn't even there, and my daughter has 'involved in possible racist attack' on her school record! That'll look good when we try to get her into a school in NZ won't it!

If you read the previous thread on why you want to leave the UK you'll know it took me 3 years to get my son away from a school where he suffered terrible bullying. Crazy world we live in isn't it!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 12:05 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by Mercedes
I would go back and accuse the teachers of being racist in that they are discriminating against your daughter and her friends for the fact they are white. Then tell them you will go to the press and see how quickly they start to back down.....Racism works both ways.

*nods* I was going to write something similar, but didn't want to initiate hostilities with the teachers, who by and large have a very difficult job to do. However, the teachers are not lawyers and have no training in the law that enables them to correctly identify a racist incident. The teachers seem to be guided by a select group of facts (white cream, colored face, etc.) while ignoring key elements, e.g., did the alleged victim suffer harm. Were racists words used, etc.

A teacher incorrectly labeling a child racist is likely to cause phenomenal trauma to that child. A teacher is supposed to protect a child, not harm a child by recklessly labeling a child racist. Perhaps, a letter from a local solicitor would suffice, or might cause problems. It is hard to judge from a distance. But teachers who act recklessly are not above the law.

I hope the OP can find the right language to portray to the teachers the importance of not harming her child with such outrageous labels. I hope common sense prevails.

Last edited by Franklin; Jul 20th 2005 at 12:19 am. Reason: adding examples of key elements