Partners Visa

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of
Default Partners Visa

Hello

Need some help here please bit complex maybe. Ive come to NZ and look to be on the verge on getting a WTR visa after getting offered a job with Fonterra. Thats the easy bit.

My Partner is back in the UK and is a Slovakian, we only lived together for a short time but I kept my own place so we all ways had different bills etc. We have been together for 9 months and when she comes out in October it will be a year.

The sort of plan is for her to come out on a visitors visa and live with me, ttrying to get an extended one for 9 months. Then after a few months we will apply for a partners visa. We thought that it would show extra proof that we have been together seriously in the country.

We want to make a crack of it over here together and am a bit worried about the lack of evidence, not sure what will be acceptable. Please someone Help
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:40 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partners Visa

Check the NZIS immigration website but as far as I can recall if the relationship has been less than 1yr it means her visa/permit will only be for one year, the intent being to put a check point in when if the relationship is surviving to the 2yr point normal visa rules can be applied. So she could apply for a work permit as your partner but she would only be issued with a 1yr work permit.

I think you will still have to provide some evidence of a relationship though...
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

yeah i saw that. Was wondering what evidence is acceptable on the website it just says you have to prove your in a loving and stable relationship? Sounds a bit subjective. I even had an immigration consultant tell me that even being married isnt proof of that!

Ive got a video of her snoring does that count?

In all seriousness ive got my driving licence registered at her place
photos
letters from while ive been away to her and vice versa
Valentines cards/Xmas Cards
we worked together so we can prove we have known each other a long while
Testimony from friends/work colleagues

anyone think thats enough?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:27 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rason
I even had an immigration consultant tell me that even being married isnt proof of that!
>Just< a marriage certificate isn't - and that is a good thing IMHO, too many marriages of convenience in the UK for my liking,clearly just arranged for immigration purposes. In any case the test is one of partnership, so many quite valid partners will not have a marriage certificate in any case.

The restof the stuff you quote will all help, the more the better.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

couldnt agree with you more. Im not getting married to prove anything to an immigration official. *cold sweats*
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 3:52 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rason
yeah i saw that. Was wondering what evidence is acceptable on the website it just says you have to prove your in a loving and stable relationship? Sounds a bit subjective. I even had an immigration consultant tell me that even being married isnt proof of that!

Ive got a video of her snoring does that count?

In all seriousness ive got my driving licence registered at her place
photos
letters from while ive been away to her and vice versa
Valentines cards/Xmas Cards
we worked together so we can prove we have known each other a long while
Testimony from friends/work colleagues

anyone think thats enough?
All sounds good...you could print and add emails, any invitations to you as a couple, any post in your name only to her address. If your driving license is registered to her address what about your car insurance?

Just submit as much as possible!!
Good luck