Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Parted-at-birth twins 'married'

Parted-at-birth twins 'married'

Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parted-at-birth twins 'married'

What were the odds on this ever happening?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7182817.stm

You find the 'women/man' of your dreams, fall in love get married then find out that he/she is your brother/sister! You must be talking about odds of millions to one if they didn't actually know till after they got married.

Does it also mean that your mother is also your auntie and your father your uncle? If they had children are they brother and sisters or cousins? Are the fathers kids the mothers nieces/nephews and vice versa?
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Parted-at-birth twins 'married'

I actually found this really sad but indicitive of the way 'conception' is now.

I had always wondered about artificial insemination and when it was paid for (donations), how many 'brothers' and 'sisters' were actually out there.

A scary thought is if you were a donor and donated say 20 times and each time was successful, then how many 'relatives' would you end up with?

More than scary in my humble opinion!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 3:32 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by banshigirl
I actually found this really sad but indicitive of the way 'conception' is now.

I had always wondered about artificial insemination and when it was paid for (donations), how many 'brothers' and 'sisters' were actually out there.

A scary thought is if you were a donor and donated say 20 times and each time was successful, then how many 'relatives' would you end up with?

More than scary in my humble opinion!
I believe artificial insemination began in Norfolk.... you only got to look around the Fens and you will see Banshigirl is absolutely right.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish
I believe artificial insemination began in Norfolk.... you only got to look around the Fens and you will see Banshigirl is absolutely right.
I'd like to introduce you to my wife, who also happens to be my sister!
Attached Images  
Old Jan 15th 2008, 6:35 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
I'd like to introduce you to my wife, who also happens to be my sister!
She's going to kill you!!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

weebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud of