Palmerston North

Old Sep 15th 2009, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of
Question Palmerston North

Hi everyone - we have just had our medicals and submitted out ITA. i have a job in Palmerston North and will be looking to rent our first house. Can anyone advise me on the best places to look for rental property and also ares to avoid!!! many thanksx
Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Palmerston North

Originally Posted by ragdolls2
Hi everyone - we have just had our medicals and submitted out ITA. i have a job in Palmerston North and will be looking to rent our first house. Can anyone advise me on the best places to look for rental property and also ares to avoid!!! many thanksx
Just wanted to say congratulations on your job and good luck with the ITA x
Old Sep 16th 2009, 2:32 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ragdolls2 assume you have cats!2?

I'm in Palmerston North, been here since December last year. Though the place does get some stick I do actually like it here
There's plenty to do and it's reasonably close to Wellington, Taupo, Rotorua, Napier and so on if you want a weekend away. If you like skiing [I've never tried] then the ski fields are close as well.
As far as I know the only really dodgy area is Highbury. I only know the areas to the east of the town since I live there- Kelvin Grove, Terrace End, Hokowhitu and Milson are good areas.
Good luck with your ITA, you should hear back fairly soon with a job offer
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Any plans on an arrival date yet?
Sue

Last edited by Persephone; Sep 16th 2009 at 2:53 am. Reason: ski fields not ski fiends??
Old Sep 16th 2009, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Hi Sue - yes we have 2 ragdoll cats!! ( bit of a give away!!) which we will be bringing with us. Thanks for your help with the area. I am going to be working at Palmerston General so would like to be close but not too close (if you know what i mean i will have a look at the places you mentioned. RE; our arrival date we are hoping to be out before christmas the agency have told me the hospital would like me out there as soon as possible but having read the posts of others and the problems they have encountered with the immigration process we are not building up our hopes too much!
Will keep you postedxx
Old Sep 16th 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris
Just wanted to say congratulations on your job and good luck with the ITA x
many thanks have a safe flight out xx
Old Sep 16th 2009, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

many thanks have a safe flight out xx
Hi, Kate started at the general well over 4 years ago, she's moved on to palliative care now. I know the area very well and would recommend Hokowhitu. Highbury is the only really tricky place as someone has mentioned. There are other lovely pockets too to be found. My mate is the property manager for one of the biggest rental cos, PM me and I will pass his details on. We are very happy here and have a wonderful life in Palmy irrespective of what others say!! We have 3 young children and they adore life here too. We have an awesome, huge outdoor pool..$3 for a swim...try to find an outdoor pool in the UK for one pound fifty!!!!!! You are welcome to come and see us when you get here we will do our best to orientate you. Its a great place Palmy, sooooooooooo much to do!! I am still excited after 4.5 years!! Kind regards, Dom et al.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Genesis
Hi, Kate started at the general well over 4 years ago, she's moved on to palliative care now. I know the area very well and would recommend Hokowhitu. Highbury is the only really tricky place as someone has mentioned. There are other lovely pockets too to be found. My mate is the property manager for one of the biggest rental cos, PM me and I will pass his details on. We are very happy here and have a wonderful life in Palmy irrespective of what others say!! We have 3 young children and they adore life here too. We have an awesome, huge outdoor pool..$3 for a swim...try to find an outdoor pool in the UK for one pound fifty!!!!!! You are welcome to come and see us when you get here we will do our best to orientate you. Its a great place Palmy, sooooooooooo much to do!! I am still excited after 4.5 years!! Kind regards, Dom et al.
Many thanks for the insight - we have never been to NZ sound perfect can,t wait to get out there. Just waiting for news from the CO
Would love to look you up when we arrive many thanks for the offer. BW
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:31 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Many thanks for the insight - we have never been to NZ sound perfect can,t wait to get out there. Just waiting for news from the CO
Would love to look you up when we arrive many thanks for the offer. BW
good luck with you ita guys it will be a speedy one for you and you will be there as planned before xsmas

Tina. x
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tina many thanks for all your good wishes: hope things go well for yourselvesx
Old Sep 16th 2009, 6:53 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Persephone
Hi Ragdolls2 assume you have cats!2?

I'm in Palmerston North, been here since December last year. Though the place does get some stick I do actually like it here
There's plenty to do and it's reasonably close to Wellington, Taupo, Rotorua, Napier and so on if you want a weekend away. If you like skiing [I've never tried] then the ski fields are close as well.
As far as I know the only really dodgy area is Highbury. I only know the areas to the east of the town since I live there- Kelvin Grove, Terrace End, Hokowhitu and Milson are good areas.
Good luck with your ITA, you should hear back fairly soon with a job offer
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Any plans on an arrival date yet?
Sue
And close to Wanganui , now wait for the lovely comments about Wanganui back, should not have baited them
Old Sep 17th 2009, 9:37 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

When we did our recce trip to NZ, Palmy was given a bit of stick by some people, but we passed through on the way up from Wellington to Napier and have to admit - aside from the fact that the rain happened to be coming down sideways that day - it seemed like really quite a decent place? Certainly SWMBO was quite happy to learn that there were jobs available there! I guess one mans meat and all that?
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

blackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Genesis

Hi,

Could you PM me the details of your property manager mate too, looks like we may be heading for Palmy aswell!

Dawn X
Old Sep 30th 2009, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone advise me on the best places to look for rental property and also ares to avoid!!! many thanksx

Yeah, Palmy North!

eh, genesis?