Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Paladin Clan have landed! One month on...

Paladin Clan have landed! One month on...

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default Paladin Clan have landed! One month on...

Ok so we made it! Arrived July 26th and have almost done our first month in NZ!

You lot could have told me it was SO great, I would have come sooner LOL!

Yep, we love it here, kids are settled into play groups, I'm still trading currencies(ok well trying to LOL!) and have rented a house in Days Bay near Eastbourne across the harbour bay from Wellington. We've got native bush right behind the house in the East Harbour Regional Park and outside rush hour can be in the city in 25 minutes no probs! People are very friendly & helpful and the differences to the UK in places like the supermarkets are dead easy to get used to. We've been lucky enough to meet up with friends made on our reccie trip in Feb and made some new friends already too so its swinging along nicely. The only real gripe I have is that old whinge: I sure wish the house had central heating LOL!

The weather is starting to change now and there is even a hint of Spring in the daytime which is great!!!

Dave
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paladin Clan have landed! One month on...

Originally Posted by Paladin
Ok so we made it! Arrived July 26th and have almost done our first month in NZ!

You lot could have told me it was SO great, I would have come sooner LOL!

Yep, we love it here, kids are settled into play groups, I'm still trading currencies(ok well trying to LOL!) and have rented a house in Days Bay near Eastbourne across the harbour bay from Wellington. We've got native bush right behind the house in the East Harbour Regional Park and outside rush hour can be in the city in 25 minutes no probs! People are very friendly & helpful and the differences to the UK in places like the supermarkets are dead easy to get used to. We've been lucky enough to meet up with friends made on our reccie trip in Feb and made some new friends already too so its swinging along nicely. The only real gripe I have is that old whinge: I sure wish the house had central heating LOL!

The weather is starting to change now and there is even a hint of Spring in the daytime which is great!!!

Dave
I am so envious..........good luck to ya!

Nici
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kato33
I am so envious..........good luck to ya!

Nici
Cheers Nici!

Get here soon you won't regret it!!!

Dave
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Nici!

Get here soon you won't regret it!!!

Dave
What did you do when you first arrived?
Did you get accomodation sorted beforehand?

I am struggling with this one. Not sure whether to go for holiday accomo for 2 weeks while we are looking for suitable rental. We have 4 kids although only 3 will be defo coming and am not sure what the best way is.

Nici
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kato33
What did you do when you first arrived?
Did you get accomodation sorted beforehand?

I am struggling with this one. Not sure whether to go for holiday accomo for 2 weeks while we are looking for suitable rental. We have 4 kids although only 3 will be defo coming and am not sure what the best way is.

Nici
We were going to do a motel apartment but my mum ended up renting a house before we all left so we crashed there for the 4 or 5 days it took us to find our rental once we arrived. Job done!

A couple of weeks in a holiday let should be plenty I reckon. Its a personal thing but i didn't want to rent a house site unseen before coming out.

Dave
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

We were going to do a motel apartment but my mum ended up renting a house before we all left so we crashed there for the 4 or 5 days it took us to find our rental once we arrived. Job done!

A couple of weeks in a holiday let should be plenty I reckon. Its a personal thing but i didn't want to rent a house site unseen before coming out.

Dave
Think I will look down that route then.

I know AmLoolah has been kind enough to offer help on the rental front once we arrive.

Here's hoping to be there asap.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dave, Good to hear your loving your new life & settling in well.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Hey bro. What time Saturday?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danny.f
Hey bro. What time Saturday?
I think the flu-ridden-coughing-and-spluttering OH has sorted arrangements with Donna! (finally LOL!)

Cya 2moro matey!!