OZ or NZ

Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:18 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: OZ or NZ

Originally Posted by dlparry
Hi, I am looking to leave the UK and live abroad. I have been looking at NZ recently as my husband suggested it but I have found myself asking why not Australia, why NZ.

We are a family of three, me, my husband and a five year old son. Husband is going to be looking for work as a HGV driver or equivalent.

I just want part time work, anything will do during school hours, would like to live in a town, not a big city, where it is warm most of the year, near a beach or within reach of a beach and a house in the region of £100,000.

Son has special needs and minor health problems. I know I am probably asking too much. Has anyone live in both? which do they prefer and why? where sounds best for me and my family?

thank you
As it stands at the present time , it is not possible to gain permanent residency in New Zealand as an HGV driver because it is not seen as a skilled occupation.

In order for you to emigrate here your husband would need to find a job offer from what is called an NZ accredited employer. There is a list on the NZIS website. That job would have to be for $55K per year for a 40 hour working week. I believe some tanker drivers may get that. If he can achieve that, then you could look to emigrate here to New Zealand under the Work to Residence policy. This means you would work towards becoming resident and that should take around 2 years.

Please browse the NZIS policy by clicking on this LINK

As you state your son has special needs and health problems , you may run into problems regarding the NZIS health requirements policy. It will all depend on the level of need your son requires , both healthwise and within education.
In all likelihood , any application you make would probably go for a medical referral. NZIS will check out what possible costs your son would be to NZ .

All in all you may well find yourselves with an uphill battle to remain in NZ as permanent residents.

Nothing to stop you coming to live for a few years on a temporary work visa though, if your husband can find a job offer, although your sons health & needs will still be called into question.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 11th 2009 at 2:21 am. Reason: Link to health requirements will not work