OZ to NZ

Old Feb 17th 2009, 2:25 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default OZ to NZ

Just wondering if there is anyone that has done the move from OZ to NZ (from using the search I have noticed it is usually the other way round) ?? It has been on my mind a lot since visiting my friend last April. Would like to know how others have found it and if you have any regrets leaving OZ or just wish you had made the move sooner ??

Thanks

Sel x
Old Feb 17th 2009, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OZ to NZ

Originally Posted by sel
Just wondering if there is anyone that has done the move from OZ to NZ Would like to know how others have found it and if you have any regrets leaving OZ or just wish you had made the move sooner ??

Thanks

Sel x
I've done that. But I am originally from NZ.

No regrets at all. - I was quite happy to move back to NZ. (generally speaking I perosnally find living in OZ is disgusting in many ways).

My only regret is... why I've done that....? (maybe I could have spent more time in Britain - if I didn't off to Oz,,,,)
Old Feb 17th 2009, 2:51 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

I am wondering now what you found disgusting (apart from the coffee) ... and (editing in) is there anything in oz that you cant get in nz that you miss ??

Last edited by sel; Feb 17th 2009 at 3:40 am. Reason: add on another of many questions ... (thank you)
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
and (editing in) is there anything in oz that you cant get in nz that you miss ??
for me, actually the other way around. vice versa.

There are more/quite a few things in Nz that I can't get in Oz. so I was annoyed while living there - sort of bad comparison.

but there are (only) few things I can't get here. it doesn't bother me much though

firstly, quality European small household appliances - Braun, Philips. Moulinex, Morphy Richards etc. I saw them (Grace Bros/Myer) selling Braun electric kettles, food processor, Moulinex toaster, Philips coffee maker etc - but it's 10 years ago. so I don't know now. In Nz, you only could find rubbish - ex Breville etc. Hence I seldom/rarely buy any small appliances here - or live without it..(I just don't wanna buy rubbish) and I try to get them when I visit the UK or Germany. or by online - .

Secondly, If you go to Strathfield, Sydney you can buy small lady's shoes (nz size 4) - Not kids shoes.! and GREAT quality women's apparels/shoes/cotton undies imported from South Korea - NO Chinese rubbish.

Third, a tiny Japanese rice cooker. (230 V) - you don't need a damn adaptor.

Fourth, greater Book shops - books in other languages. wide range of books to choose from.

Fifth, some Ausltraian souvenier - Kangaroo/Koala picture cushions etc

No 6, a department store in Sydney - they do sell Chanel handbags & some Burberry stuff - which are my favourite.

Other than that, we have better choice here in Welly.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sel
is there anything in oz that you cant get in nz that you miss ??

loving a nice warm evening after sunset in Oz - loved an evening walk. - such a beautiful feelings

streets are flat mostly - not hilly as here. I actually dislike landscape in NZ.

beautiful green parks.

That's about it. I don't miss beaches in Oz, because I am not a beach or water person.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sel
is there anything in oz that you cant get in nz that you miss ??

oh, this is very important. - the education is much MUCH Better in Oz. You've got more opportunity to choose from wide range of subjects. ex) TAFE. In NZ, it's very limited.... - that's the first thing I realized when I moved to Oz. I thought I could have better skills than what I have now. - because you can learn anything you want to in Oz. however there's no such courses even exist here. and good universities in Oz - they are much tougher than the NZ one. - curriculums are quite intense - am talking about ANU, University of Melbourne.

and obviously There exist a wide variety of jobs in Oz- more opportunities.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:39 am
sel
~~~

We will have oz citizenship so we wont be burning our bridges so if we do go and my boys decide later on they would like to live/study/work in oz they can and we can return if we want to. Nothing is definite at the moment, I am just looking into things. My friend is in Carterton and because we are both into the horses she is selling it to me very well. This is why I need some different views on how things are over there

It certainly doesnt seem to be a popular choice though (oz to nz), I thought there would be a few more that had maybe done this move before ?? But still, I will be coming over soon with the OH in tow to do a reccie, and we will go from there.

Thank you for all the info, much appreciated
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sel
We will have oz citizenship so we wont be burning our bridges so if we do go and my boys decide later on they would like to live/study/work in oz they can and we can return if we want to. Nothing is definite at the moment, I am just looking into things. My friend is in Carterton and because we are both into the horses she is selling it to me very well. This is why I need some different views on how things are over there

It certainly doesnt seem to be a popular choice though (oz to nz), I thought there would be a few more that had maybe done this move before ?? But still, I will be coming over soon with the OH in tow to do a reccie, and we will go from there.

Thank you for all the info, much appreciated
It's just my personal views. so don't think it's much helpful to others.

But good luck to your move. am sure you will find a different kind of hapiness in your life here too. - it's just different.

all I can tell you for sure is -- you will Not asked to open your bag for inspection after shopping at supermarkets or mall.or K- mart or anywhere in NZ. - I just thought its f***ing DISGUSTING each time they asked for it (open my bag!) when I do grocery shoppings in Oz. I personally felt it's seriously offensive and annoying. :curse:

And NO huge, disgusting cockroaches here unlike OZ ... it's a big relief for me....

Obtaining Oz citizenship is crucial/good idea before you get here - especially if your kids want to study at university in OZ in future. If kids are very young now, I guess Nz is way better than Oz to raise them up (IMHO) - because it's much safer here in many ways and the weather isn't boiling hot/stinking heat all the year round - I feel healthier here.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about horses stuff here in NZ. - but there are quite a few friends of mine and their children riding horses in Welly. am sure there are some people here can help you about it.

Surely you can have a nice life here.

best of luck to you.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:16 am
Banned

bizventures15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sel
Just wondering if there is anyone that has done the move from OZ to NZ (from using the search I have noticed it is usually the other way round) ?? It has been on my mind a lot since visiting my friend last April. Would like to know how others have found it and if you have any regrets leaving OZ or just wish you had made the move sooner ??

Thanks

Sel x
Hey there! My partner and I just moved to NZ. He's Aussie. We moved here because it's much pleasant weather around Wellington... lots of rain and fantastic views. Love the smaller towns.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:49 pm
sel
~~~

Originally Posted by bizventures15
Hey there! My partner and I just moved to NZ. He's Aussie. We moved here because it's much pleasant weather around Wellington... lots of rain and fantastic views. Love the smaller towns.
Hi there

This is why I am keen to check things out, I think the weather would suit my lifestyle much better ... horses I will just have to wait and see what my partner thinks when we come over soon. When I visited before I thought it was beautiful and as you have found, it is much more pleasant weather wise.

How long have you been in NZ ?? Apart from friends/family is there anything you miss at all from OZ ??
Old Feb 19th 2009, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Carterton is nice but I hope you're prepared for how isolated it is and how far to a decent sized town. It all depends on what you want.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:27 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: OZ to NZ

Originally Posted by kiwinow
Carterton is nice but I hope you're prepared for how isolated it is and how far to a decent sized town.
And rendered an utterly pointless example of strip development since they closed the Taratahi Inn brothel .

IMO of course.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:33 am
sel
~~~

Originally Posted by Charismatic
And rendered an utterly pointless example of strip development since they closed the Taratahi Inn brothel .

IMO of course.
So there are business opportunities then
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:36 am
sel
~~~

Originally Posted by kiwinow
Carterton is nice but I hope you're prepared for how isolated it is and how far to a decent sized town. It all depends on what you want.
Oh I definitely like rural isolation ... my mate lives there anyway but like I said she is obviously biased hence why im hunting out others opinions on the area etc and NZ in general
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:43 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: OZ to NZ

Originally Posted by sel
So there are business opportunities then
Well Greytown (a.k.a. Gaytown) is just down the road . So if you come accross a man who uses fabric softener but claims to be single, well better to be "just friends" .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.