Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Outdoor furniture/bikes etc...?

Outdoor furniture/bikes etc...?

Old Aug 28th 2006, 10:09 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Outdoor furniture/bikes etc...?

Any advice on whether you can ship the likes of bikes that do have some rust? Hammocks that are dirty? Would one ship a trampoline or flog it for peanuts here? What about plant stands, metal, slightly rusty, but can be fumigated/disinfected?

Not sure, sorry very dull query!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of
Default Re: Outdoor furniture/bikes etc...?

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Any advice on whether you can ship the likes of bikes that do have some rust? Hammocks that are dirty? Would one ship a trampoline or flog it for peanuts here? What about plant stands, metal, slightly rusty, but can be fumigated/disinfected?

Not sure, sorry very dull query!
Ref the bikes, yes you can. Our removal rep said to make sure you wash off all dirt and excess rust (best done at a Jet Wash or with a power hose). Then, just before they wrap them (day before) give them a good going over with Jeyes fluid or similar. This means that when customs open them they can see their clean and the smell will confirm it. I would imagine the same goes with the rest of the stuff. Don't know about trampoline, suppose it would depend on size. If it's going to make little or no difference to the cost of removals, I'd say take it.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Outdoor furniture/bikes etc...?

Originally Posted by StevieB
Ref the bikes, yes you can. Our removal rep said to make sure you wash off all dirt and excess rust (best done at a Jet Wash or with a power hose). Then, just before they wrap them (day before) give them a good going over with Jeyes fluid or similar. This means that when customs open them they can see their clean and the smell will confirm it. I would imagine the same goes with the rest of the stuff. Don't know about trampoline, suppose it would depend on size. If it's going to make little or no difference to the cost of removals, I'd say take it.

i would say the same as Steve here. as for trampolines heres a link so you can see the costs here http://www.trampolines.co.nz/