Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

On our way to Auckland

On our way to Auckland

Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

seansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really nice
Default On our way to Auckland

Hi everyone,

My name is Sean, my wife and I along with our two girls will be moving to Auckland around end of Feb / early March. We're just waiting for our Australian PR to be granted and we're coming. A position opened up in NZ with my company - how lucky!!
We are both originally from Kent (UK) and have lived on East Coast NSW for 3 years now. Permanent residency is expected end of Feb and relocating immediately after that. Office is on Mairangi Bay so will be somewhere around there.
Any advice on good areas - will need to start thinking about preschool etc as eldest in 3yrs old.

Look forward to speaking to you all!!

Sean
Old Dec 17th 2010, 1:34 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On our way to Auckland

Hello seansueplustwo.

Have you made a trip over to Mairangi Bay, checked out the houses and schools yet?

Will you be getting the same pay in NZ as you do in NSW? (Mairangi Bay not being the cheapest of areas)
Old Dec 17th 2010, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

seansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
Hello seansueplustwo.

Have you made a trip over to Mairangi Bay, checked out the houses and schools yet?

Will you be getting the same pay in NZ as you do in NSW? (not the cheapest of areas)
Hi Expat Kiwi

Never been to NZ before so not managed to check anything out in person yet - just surfing the web.
We get put up in a hotel for 6 weeks to sort out a house, but it will be a struggle with me working all hours. The reason we were thinking around Mairangi Bay area was just proximity to the office. What other areas are nice for families? Any suggestions would be helpful for us to look at, I am happy to commute and will miss rush hour as i will generally be starting work at 6am.

Thanks

Sean
Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there and welcome to the NZ forum.

Have fun.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Welcome
We live on the North shore in Torbay not too far away you can get reasonable housing here and neighbouring suburbs Browns Bay, Albany, Glenfield, all very easy to comute one I would love sadly I go to CBD every day. North shore is a very family relaxed area with plenty of beaches and everything you need, good schools etc 6 weeks should be plenty of time to find somewhere rent or buy give us a shout when you arrive and we could meet for a coffee!
regarsd
Jane
Old Dec 21st 2010, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jane,

We will be sure to give you a yell for coffee when we arrive - we will be spending the next couple of months picking everyones brains on this forum for where to go and what to do?

MERRY XMAS

Sean