Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

OT: Dodgy Translations

OT: Dodgy Translations

Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:06 pm
turkeytickler

Default OT: Dodgy Translations

Have been playing around with a new free virus check since Avast was getting on my nerves a bit and found a product called Avira - been using it for a week and its been very well behaved... anyway.... heres a description of the benefits for upgrading to the non-free version - presumably auto translated from german (?) made me laugh...

More than security for private users

With the use of AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium you carry out a piece of security and more for yourself and others and not only in the virtual world

The AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium offers additionally to the AntiVir PersonalEdition Freeware more protection and security to you from threats of the virtual world

The AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium extends the comprehensive Protection of the AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic (Freeware) by different useful features. With the price of only 20 Euro it makes your life safer and more comfortable:

* The modern and operator-friendly graphic surface makes the handling of software such as a childrenĀ“s game for unpracticed users.
* The exclusive downloadserver secures unproblematic and fast access to free updates.
* The effective POP3 scanner guarantees the security of your e-mail communication.
* The scan function for folders and lists makes the work easier for you and saves time.
* The license manager reminds you to replace your license on time.
* The qualified and friendly employees of the support hotline are willing to help you with words and deeds in any case.
* Further additions in the power spectrum provide a higher protection and security for your data and more using comfort for yourself.

From each online sale of the AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium five euros go straight and free of tax to the Auerbach donation projects. All users of AntiVir Personal Edition Premium aid to exchange our world into a place which is willing to a higher quality of life.

http://www.avira.com/en/products/ant...n_premium.html

Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:19 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT: Dodgy Translations

[QUOTE=turkeytickler]Have been playing around with a new free virus check since Avast was getting on my nerves a bit

I use avast and have found it ok. What annoyed you about it? How good is this other product by comparison?
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:39 pm
turkeytickler

Default Re: OT: Dodgy Translations

[QUOTE=kiwichild]
Originally Posted by turkeytickler
Have been playing around with a new free virus check since Avast was getting on my nerves a bit

I use avast and have found it ok. What annoyed you about it? How good is this other product by comparison?
i didnt like all the services it ran - POP/Web/P2P etc. I dont like software that takes over my PC - i just find the Avira product a little less "noisy" if that makes sense....