Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Orthodontist in Tauranga - advise needed

Orthodontist in Tauranga - advise needed

Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Orthodontist in Tauranga - advise needed

Hi all - my son has had orthodontic treatment for the last couple of years. At his last appointment in the UK he has to continue wearing a brace on his bottom teeth, the orthodontist has kindly given me all his records etc . I know there are a few orthodontic practices in Tauranga but have a few questions ;

1. what do I need to ask re quality & bone fide orthodontist ?

2. What is the average costs & can I get dental insurance?

3. Can I get a mouth guard for sports made by orthodontist & how much are they ?

Thankyou
Old Jul 29th 2009, 7:19 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orthodontist in Tauranga - advise needed

My son was referred by the school dental service here to the orthodontist. I took him along for his first appointment which cost $90 for assessment and x-rays. He will need a brace top and bottom. The cost was a little under $6,000. We have to wait for the last couple of baby teeth to fall out which I'm hoping will take years rather than months so we've a chance of saving up to pay for it.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 9:12 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Orthodontist in Tauranga - advise needed

Originally Posted by bolton1
Hi all - my son has had orthodontic treatment for the last couple of years. At his last appointment in the UK he has to continue wearing a brace on his bottom teeth, the orthodontist has kindly given me all his records etc . I know there are a few orthodontic practices in Tauranga but have a few questions ;

1. what do I need to ask re quality & bone fide orthodontist ?

2. What is the average costs & can I get dental insurance?

3. Can I get a mouth guard for sports made by orthodontist & how much are they ?

Thankyou
Yes, re the mouthguards. I'm pretty sure dental insurance won't cover you for treatment that has already commenced but I could be wrong. I think we paid about $250 a month for the eldest's final 3 months of UK braces and retainers here. Could be wrong.

We use Dan Smethurst who is lovely, he's in Tauranga.