Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Original documents for ITA?

Original documents for ITA?

Old May 23rd 2005, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of
Default Original documents for ITA?

Hi Everyone,
Has anybody sent original documents instead of certified copies for their ITA?The instructions don't make it very clear as to whether originals are returned or not. It's probably in there somewhere, but it's like reading War and Peace!
Cheers,
Mark
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:51 am
Been In welly 7 years

Ianm41 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Original documents for ITA?

Originally Posted by Markk
Hi Everyone,
Has anybody sent original documents instead of certified copies for their ITA?The instructions don't make it very clear as to whether originals are returned or not. It's probably in there somewhere, but it's like reading War and Peace!
Cheers,
Mark
Hi we sent certified copys of everything except the police checks and medical stuff which MUST be originals..other than that I belive copys are ok...mind we have not had the interview yet so we will have to wait and see...we got our solicitor to do the copies for us and they did it for free..I was stunned...after forking out cash left right and center for everything else....
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:24 am
pompeymike

Hi Everyone,
Cheers,
Mark
Hi Mark,
We sent originals for nearly everything (even my beloved Degree certificate) and when we were given PR they returned everything back the following week.

Mike

Old May 23rd 2005, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ianm41
Hi we sent certified copys of everything except the police checks and medical stuff which MUST be originals..other than that I belive copys are ok...mind we have not had the interview yet so we will have to wait and see...we got our solicitor to do the copies for us and they did it for free..I was stunned...after forking out cash left right and center for everything else....
Hi,
Thanks for this. I've been to a solicitor but they won't do it for free. Yours must have been in a good mood that day! I was hoping to save the money and send the originals, but that makes me quite nervous!
Good luck and let us all know how it goes for you...
Cheers,
Mark
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pompeymike
Hi Mark,
We sent originals for nearly everything (even my beloved Degree certificate) and when we were given PR they returned everything back the following week.

Mike
Hi Mike,
Did they send it recorded delivery? I'm quite nervous about sending the originals just in case they get lost. Application could suffer a fatal blow if that happens! I wonder if I could deliver and collect in person?
How's the Moderating going? It seems a lot nicer on here now, the trouble makers must be frightened of you!
Cheers,

Mark
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:52 am
pompeymike

Hi Mike,
Did they send it recorded delivery? I'm quite nervous about sending the originals just in case they get lost. Application could suffer a fatal blow if that happens! I wonder if I could deliver and collect in person?
How's the Moderating going? It seems a lot nicer on here now, the trouble makers must be frightened of you!
Cheers,

Mark
Hi Mark,
On the form you have an option to collect it or have it sent to you. I put down that I'd collect it and lo and behold they posted it by recorded delivery. I got it all back though. You're quite safe, they keep absolutely everything in your file, I've had many visits to the NZIS in Christchurch and one time they pulled out my file and I noticed that they even had copy's of email messages that I had sent them.
The moderating is going fine but I'm still quite flattered that they asked me (of all people) to do it, especially as there are far more seasoned people in this forum that could of done it, but I don't mind doing it.

Mike