Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Ooooh I got PSS coming in a few hours!

Ooooh I got PSS coming in a few hours!

Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ooooh I got PSS coming in a few hours!

I know what I'm going to ask them regarding some of our things (rocking horse! and fake flowers etc) but I need to know if there is anything I should be asking ?? We've always moved houses ourselves so wouldn't even know what to ask locally

Any help gratefully recieved, as always

Michel & Carl xx
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ooooh I got PSS coming in a few hours!

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
I know what I'm going to ask them regarding some of our things (rocking horse! and fake flowers etc) but I need to know if there is anything I should be asking ?? We've always moved houses ourselves so wouldn't even know what to ask locally

Any help gratefully recieved, as always

Michel & Carl xx
if in the unlikely event you have more stuff than they have estimated (ie doesn't all fit in the container) will they pay for the groupage costs ?

(we nearly had too much for our container, luckily it all just fitted in, but Crown would have paid the groupage)
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

OK thanks Poppets !! I'll write that down as I'll have forgotten in 10 minutes

Anymore anyone ???

Michelle & Carl
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:23 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

OK thanks Poppets !! I'll write that down as I'll have forgotten in 10 minutes

Anymore anyone ???

Michelle & Carl
If you have anything like piano, Grandfather clock etc, will it need to be woooden crated? We did, but he didn't mention the extra cost, that came back on the quote!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:41 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if it'll make any difference but tell them to inform their agents here that you'll deal with MAF yourself and pay them directly.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Am Loolah !!! I'm not posh enough to own a piano but will ask about wooden crates for my kids

Michelle & Carl
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Batty
I don't know if it'll make any difference but tell them to inform their agents here that you'll deal with MAF yourself and pay them directly.
I don't understand .... will this cost any extra ?? I was under the impression that they did it all as a standard included in the cost !! Also what will I deal with with MAF ?? Oooh this is harder than I thought ....

Michelle & Carl
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand .... will this cost any extra ?? I was under the impression that they did it all as a standard included in the cost !! Also what will I deal with with MAF ?? Oooh this is harder than I thought ....

Michelle & Carl

MAF charge you if for example they need to spray bikes for ourdoor stuff. i can remember that Crown took care fo all these costs (i've said this before & bee slagged off for it ) but i can only assume that they have confidence that they stuff they pack won't be sprayed!!, We only paid the crown fee for the packing & shipping. no more fees were paid in NZ, although MAF checked our stuff
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:53 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle & Carl
I don't know if there's anything on here about it but I have seen a lot of info on another forum. Basically, once your container has a due date in NZ the agent here will contact you. They MAY try to ask you for an upfront fee for MAF inspection. This is a con. You only have to pay MAF if they actually inspect and you can choose to pay them directly. If the agent tries to argue this with you, you just have to tell them that the Commerce Commission says you can deal with MAF directly. They'll back off then. If MAF don't actually inspect you will probably have to pay something around $40 for 'admin' fees. As they would otherwise have taken over $300 from you, this isn't a bad deal. If you need any more info let me know and I'll get more indepth stuff for you. xx
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh ok thanks! Now I understand .. I'll just tell them that I'll deal with MAF. We have bikes but they've never been used outside lol. My youngest is 2 and rides in circles in our huge room and eldest is a tad too small for the bike we got him (still) last christmas so it's been stuck in the shed for 11 months Oops Not taking anything garden/tool wise so hubby says !! Bet replacing them will cost a fortune :scared:

Michelle & Carl
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:01 am
By name and by nature

Not taking anything garden/tool wise so hubby says !! Bet replacing them will cost a fortune :scared:

Michelle & Carl
Surprisingly enough garden tools are not expensive here. It's just the hassle of having to replace EVERYTHING that is the problem. We didn't bring any of ours with us and only got a wheelbarrow last week (after a year here ) - cost $75 in the Warehouse
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Cool !! Thanks for you replies. Muchly appreciated .. I like a good fight (with big-wig companies I must add!) I'll let him send his stuff to the car boot sale then ... will need the room in container for all my shoes and clothes I'm buying in advance after the warnings of quality hehe Oh and the kids clothes and shoes too He's going to have a heart attack when he see's all the Next bags later

Michelle & Carl