Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

One for the Accountants out there to work out

One for the Accountants out there to work out

Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Yogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant future
Default One for the Accountants out there to work out

If I was to earn a wage of say $80,000 a year, what would be my monthly take home pay?

many thanks
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One for the Accountants out there to work out

Originally Posted by Yogi Bear
If I was to earn a wage of say $80,000 a year, what would be my monthly take home pay?

many thanks
I am a cleaner.

Up to $38k you will pay 20.8% inc ACC levy
$38001-$60k you will pay 34.3% inc ACC levy
$60k - the troposphere and beyond 40.3% inc ACC levy.

Not a bad top teir rate methinks...wish I was up there to ne charged such an amount!!

I'm going back to my marigolds now. All you have to do is get out your calculator.

ACC is the NZ equivalent of N I payments. You pay tax on the first dollar earned..there is no '1st 3k tax free'

If you are a resident and have children even on such a weighty salary you may be able to ask for tax credits.

Look at www.ird.govt.nz

Its the NZ Inland revenue. They are reasonable folk..I know not every one thinks so but my dealings with them have been cool.

Have a nice day.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Try this little gizmo, will calculate weekly / fortnightly or monthly income: http://www.berry-walker.co.nz/index.cfm/Tax_Calculator

Very few people here are monthly paid, compared to UK. The favoured interval seems to be fortnightly, which is ace, no more five week months and easier to stretch from one pay to the next.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Yogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant future

Many thanks for the replies, now I know what to expect and what to ask for at the interview. If they offer me more all well and goood.

Yogi