British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   OMG we have our PR visas!!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/omg-we-have-our-pr-visas-651409/)

MnB Jan 26th 2010 9:01 pm

Re: OMG we have our PR visas!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Numptyhead (Post 8284702)
Barb,
You have packed some summer stuff haven't you. Its boiling hot here. Can't stop thinking about you and how you are doing, during your last few days :wub:

Winter stuff & surplus summer stuff in boxes, summer stuff in cases (and some chilly eve stuff lol) Been told by friends in Wellington they've had coldest Jan since records began!! Still warmer than here tho!! -3 tonight after grey +3 today.....did see the sun....just as it was setting:(
see you soon!!!!!!!
lol B x

lindsay loo Jan 26th 2010 9:13 pm

Hi

Congratulations! My daughter and I arrived in Auckland yesterday, still shell-shocked and tired! Our dog Feebie is coming Thursday (UK time) We have used Animal Couriers, who have been great. We sent my other daughter's dog out last September and all went well. Will let you know how Feebie gets on when she arrives here! I'm trying not to think about her sitting on the plane in a crate for all that time!

Best wishes, Lindsay :)

lindsay loo Jan 26th 2010 9:16 pm

Hi

We arrived yesterday! Its boiling! Feels very sureal to be here! Just looking forward to the dog arriving on Saturday.

Our last week was very emotional, felt sick and cried a lot, seems to be normal behaviour at that point! Feel much better now we have arrived, just have small moments of panic!

Good luck with your journey, wear flights socks, we didnt bother this time and even my daughters normally skinny little feet looked like elephants feet!!

Love Lindsay :thumbup:

Wooly_Cow Jan 26th 2010 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 8284823)
Winter stuff & surplus summer stuff in boxes, summer stuff in cases (and some chilly eve stuff lol) Been told by friends in Wellington they've had coldest Jan since records began!! Still warmer than here tho!! -3 tonight after grey +3 today.....did see the sun....just as it was setting:(
see you soon!!!!!!!
lol B x

It's not been a good summer - but it beats the heck out of a typical UK summer - so if we'd had a good one !!!!!

Anyway it's not over yet. Last few days have been glorious - hopefully it'll stay the same for the AC/DC concert and the Rugby Sevens

RobDon Jan 26th 2010 9:25 pm

:thumbsup: CONGRATULATIONS Forshy and Good Luck!! :thumbsup:
This is the part where it feels like you are on a runaway train!! :rofl:
Only difference is you DONT want to get off!!
Enjoy the moment because time just seems to evaporate and before you know it you are on your way to the airport and your new life! :thumbsup:
Donna XX

MnB Jan 26th 2010 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow (Post 8284892)
It's not been a good summer - but it beats the heck out of a typical UK summer - so if we'd had a good one !!!!!

Anyway it's not over yet. Last few days have been glorious - hopefully it'll stay the same for the AC/DC concert and the Rugby Sevens

Don't want to hijack thread but cheers WC.....hope good weather continues and looking forward to feeling warm sun again!!!
B x

Dewb09 Jan 27th 2010 11:09 am

Originally Posted by forshy (Post 8284690)
thanks soooo much all the support on here means so much as family and friends are not being that supportive at the mo:( I think dealing with us all leaving is difficult and i respect that
so thanks everyone:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumb up::thumbup:

:thumbsup: good luck with everything, makes it hard when the support from family & friends is not there :( hang in and remember why you are going in the first place. They will be ok and get over it one day :thumbsup:

Dewb

gags Jan 27th 2010 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by forshy (Post 8284557)
Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know that we received our passpports back today:thumbsup:
I feel a bit shell shocked to be honest as now we plan a final date for our move in march 2010 to the North Shore.

forshy

Good on Ya! Hope all your plans run as smooth as runny custard. New life ahead...:teeth_smile:

HHBoP Jan 27th 2010 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by forshy (Post 8284738)
just what i need thank you so much:thumbup:

Wicked Wooly Cow - thanks from me tooo

Cheers

HH

alchris Jan 27th 2010 8:47 pm

great news wishing you all the best with your new life/adventure.
Chris x

forshy Jan 27th 2010 10:09 pm

I have watched this site for the last 14 months and got lots of really good ideas:thumbup:
I want to thank you all for your support and kind words during this stressful yet exciting time ahead:thumbsup:
thanks
forshy aka alison

Wooly_Cow Jan 27th 2010 11:16 pm

Like has been said before - Fire away with those questions - :)

127luton Jan 29th 2010 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by lindsay loo (Post 8284879)
Hi

We arrived yesterday! Its boiling! Feels very sureal to be here! Just looking forward to the dog arriving on Saturday.

Our last week was very emotional, felt sick and cried a lot, seems to be normal behaviour at that point! Feel much better now we have arrived, just have small moments of panic!

Good luck with your journey, wear flights socks, we didnt bother this time and even my daughters normally skinny little feet looked like elephants feet!!

Love Lindsay :thumbup:

i totally support ur flight socks comment!
berni
xx
:):)