Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Ok so what wont you miss?

Ok so what wont you miss?

Old Nov 24th 2006, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ok so what wont you miss?

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
That's coz it's in the name ... the "I'm alright Jack" brigade - not you, you're nice Jack Daws!
Don't forget if Iv'e got The biggest and best I am the best, I am soooo important. Climbing all over eachother to climb the co-operate ladder. Look at me . Society/Industry has elevated these wankers to a place they don't deserve.Because if you don't walk all over people and treat them like shit you will never be successful. Don't forget it's all about me me me me me.
Cheers Comrades
I am getting off my soapbox now .
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:05 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Don't forget if Iv'e got The biggest and best I am the best, I am soooo important. Climbing all over eachother to climb the co-operate ladder. Look at me . Society/Industry has elevated these wankers to a place they don't deserve.Because if you don't walk all over people and treat them like shit you will never be successful. Don't forget it's all about me me me me me.
Cheers Comrades
I am getting off my soapbox now .
That's my favourite song, "me, me, me, me, me!"
Actually that's a joke you have to say - ignore me!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Another cracking thread! Right-here goes.
Tony Blair's smiling lying assassin face,and yes,I'm labour!
The horrible scallies round ours with little mini motos,dogs that'll bite your bollocks off if you even try to feed them a smaller dog (I mean-doesn't anyone have labradors anymore?), those stupid dark trackies,with dark hoods,dark trainies,and even darker intelligence, thieving,wrecking,grafittiing, destroying,lack-of-respecting little bastards they are.
Petrol prices,fashion victims,Chelsea tractor driving X5 wankers with sunnies on in mid November, dickheads with £30,000 Audis who park in Handicapped and family parking, silly little sluts who try to drink more than the pub possesses in 2 hours,then wonder where their knickers have gone again, insisting on the morning after pill, again.
Then there's the scum of the whole earth,the media. And the complete pricks who subscibe to,and religiously agree to all that they print and say.
What about the rising numbers of paedophiles,murderers, gunmen, rapists, violent attacks, and that's just the church!
Gangs,and all that they represent,what about the judicial system? Politicians?
And finally-the classic. Illegal immigrants. Not the hard working,valuable,family loving people with skills to offer,but the scummy tax dodging,pick-pocketing, drug/people smuggling dickheads that'll eventually be in power and ruin an already sinking ship.

There. That's better.
Excellent post!!!!!! We adore NZ..20 months in and all's well dandy...would never go back to live in the UK willingly..its just way tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good here!! I do miss old buildings, villages and the odd bit of family/old chum stuff. That's it.

Bestest thing I ever did coming here!!!!!! We are all pigs in deep clover.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ok so what wont you miss?

People eating road kill!

Errrrrrr.........I'm losing the plot here, arn't I?

I've been living too long by myself...........
Old Nov 24th 2006, 12:44 pm

English people whining about how shit England is!!!

Oh, bugger, we're all moving to New Zealand!!??
Old Nov 24th 2006, 12:48 pm

Nigel Mansell
Old Nov 24th 2006, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
We are all pigs in deep clover.
I thought pigs were in shit
Old Nov 24th 2006, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Classic mentioned by someone earlier! Manners! You hold a door open and honestly,I could stand there the whole day before someone's nice enough to hold it for the next lot. Maybe that says more about me.
Then there's people who don't wave when you let them by. Our old house used to be right by a bridge where you had to stop to let traffic past. The amount of times you had to close your eyes and play chicken was incredible-I got really good at it. I had kids who actually sweated!
Freedom of speech. Abu Hamza-the ******g nutter who wants to chop my childrens heads off (he actually named them,the b@stard) is allowed to tell people this in a street in the capital,he's able to incite war against the very people who he buys his lottery tickets from!
'Kill the infidels,slaughter the pigs who don't pray 5 times a day!'
'Mr Hamza Sir-it's time for your free physio on your knachered wank hand.'
'Oh. Righto love. Be right there.Just put away me sword......'

Or just the cheek of your neighbours! I'm sure we've been unlucky here,but for the third time,someone has emptied our bin,on our path,and knicked the bin. Why? Cos the bastards can't phone the council for 1 cos they're too dishonest to pay council tax,thus owning up to their existance.

Single mothers,who have 5 kids to 5 pieces of scum,cos they can't be arsed to wear or take protection-then think it's financially beneficial to have more cos we pay for them.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 4:29 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Classic mentioned by someone earlier! Manners! You hold a door open and honestly,I could stand there the whole day before someone's nice enough to hold it for the next lot. Maybe that says more about me.
Then there's people who don't wave when you let them by. Our old house used to be right by a bridge where you had to stop to let traffic past. The amount of times you had to close your eyes and play chicken was incredible-I got really good at it. I had kids who actually sweated!
Freedom of speech. Abu Hamza-the ******g nutter who wants to chop my childrens heads off (he actually named them,the b@stard) is allowed to tell people this in a street in the capital,he's able to incite war against the very people who he buys his lottery tickets from!
'Kill the infidels,slaughter the pigs who don't pray 5 times a day!'
'Mr Hamza Sir-it's time for your free physio on your knachered wank hand.'
'Oh. Righto love. Be right there.Just put away me sword......'

Or just the cheek of your neighbours! I'm sure we've been unlucky here,but for the third time,someone has emptied our bin,on our path,and knicked the bin. Why? Cos the bastards can't phone the council for 1 cos they're too dishonest to pay council tax,thus owning up to their existance.

Single mothers,who have 5 kids to 5 pieces of scum,cos they can't be arsed to wear or take protection-then think it's financially beneficial to have more cos we pay for them.
I think you maybe just live in a really bad area of the uk, have you considered moving areas. I'm not having a dig here, I really mean it cos I know from bitter experience that moving to the other side of the planet sometimes does not improve your life.
Three years on I actually know lots of expats who have not done well ... you hit the ground running all enthusiastic and strong and think ... 'here I come, watch out nz!' but in no time at all you are in bits! and broke!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sky x
I was one of these "I'll never miss anything from the Uk" brigade, 4.5 years ago. Been to NZ as the glossy eyed tourist many times and thought "yes, this is it".
Found every reason I could think of to hate Uk and knock it at every opportunity, maybe that was to convince myself, Uk really was that bad.
Now, hand on heart, having just been back over for the first time in 4.5 years, I wondered why the hell I left!
My sister was living in a fantastic area, pleasant house with DG and CH , mortgage free. That could have been me too. We had it all in the Uk, nice house, low mortgage, holidays abroad, 2 cars, fantastic job and salary. We really had no reason to emigrate.
Our lives went downhill fast since the day we arrived. Every twist and turn we hit brick walls, jobs have been pathetic tbh.
Hubby was treated like an office junior. He hated every single day of being here.
Found work in Qatar and he loved it, had to return here to sort house, car and belongings and also eldest son to sort out with a home and uni.
Just been offered a top job in Holland with a Global company. The Global MD headhunted him. Top Salary, Executive accommodation and free flights. Not bad for someone who was considered by the insular kiwi companies, a junior!
NZ? well, will just leave it for holidays, come back as that glossy eyed tourist again.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 6:37 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascal
Hi Sky x
I was one of these "I'll never miss anything from the Uk" brigade, 4.5 years ago. Been to NZ as the glossy eyed tourist many times and thought "yes, this is it".
Found every reason I could think of to hate Uk and knock it at every opportunity, maybe that was to convince myself, Uk really was that bad.
Now, hand on heart, having just been back over for the first time in 4.5 years, I wondered why the hell I left!
My sister was living in a fantastic area, pleasant house with DG and CH , mortgage free. That could have been me too. We had it all in the Uk, nice house, low mortgage, holidays abroad, 2 cars, fantastic job and salary. We really had no reason to emigrate.
Our lives went downhill fast since the day we arrived. Every twist and turn we hit brick walls, jobs have been pathetic tbh.
Hubby was treated like an office junior. He hated every single day of being here.
Found work in Qatar and he loved it, had to return here to sort house, car and belongings and also eldest son to sort out with a home and uni.
Just been offered a top job in Holland with a Global company. The Global MD headhunted him. Top Salary, Executive accommodation and free flights. Not bad for someone who was considered by the insular kiwi companies, a junior!
NZ? well, will just leave it for holidays, come back as that glossy eyed tourist again.
OMG Rascal!!! ... ffff ing fantastic!
Sorry no credit on my phone so couldn't text you xxx
Old Nov 25th 2006, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascal
Hi Sky x
Don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like you had it good in the UK - why on earth did you leave?
Old Nov 25th 2006, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Mr executive from his executive house driving down the road in his BMW , with his fat belly . Thinks he is more important than anyne else , ( cause as we all know BMW drivers don't have to queue.ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!!
I bought a BMW specifically not to queue. It's so fast, I can nip round the doddering old gimmer in his Rover, or the chav in his knackered Fiesta XR3i. I mean, what's the point of getting rich if it doesn't get you ahead of the lower classes?

You should just accept your fate and let your superiors go about their business undelayed.

K.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 2:28 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kt0157
I bought a BMW specifically not to queue. It's so fast, I can nip round the doddering old gimmer in his Rover, or the chav in his knackered Fiesta XR3i. I mean, what's the point of getting rich if it doesn't get you ahead of the lower classes?

You should just accept your fate and let your superiors go about their business undelayed.

K.
Ouch
Old Nov 25th 2006, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kt0157

K.
Arrogant assholes like you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.