Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Ok so what wont you miss?

Ok so what wont you miss?

Old Nov 23rd 2006, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice
Thumbs down Ok so what wont you miss?

We moan about this and that and the other.... but what wont you really miss? (This has the chance of being really political, but who cares we still have that right to have our say... we do dont we??? Oh christ might have to check that! )

I wont miss:

1) My workshy, ignorant, chavy work colleagues!
2) Living in a culture where you are frowned upon if you 'dont look right'! (We have a kiwi friend that still wears a torn vest out for best after years of abuse!)
3) Not being able to say what I want incase it offends someone!
4) You say Happy Christmas, not happy holidays, not seasons greetings....... HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

You see my point, I invite all suggestions..political, serious, funny!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ok so what wont you miss?

Originally Posted by trigod
We moan about this and that and the other.... but what wont you really miss? (This has the chance of being really political, but who cares we still have that right to have our say... we do dont we??? Oh christ might have to check that! )

I wont miss:

2) Living in a culture where you are frowned upon if you 'dont look right'! (We have a kiwi friend that still wears a torn vest out for best after years of abuse!)
4) You say Happy Christmas, not happy holidays, not seasons greetings....... HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

Another cracking thread! Right-here goes.
Tony Blair's smiling lying assassin face,and yes,I'm labour!
The horrible scallies round ours with little mini motos,dogs that'll bite your bollocks off if you even try to feed them a smaller dog (I mean-doesn't anyone have labradors anymore?), those stupid dark trackies,with dark hoods,dark trainies,and even darker intelligence, thieving,wrecking,grafittiing, destroying,lack-of-respecting little bastards they are.
Petrol prices,fashion victims,Chelsea tractor driving X5 wankers with sunnies on in mid November, dickheads with £30,000 Audis who park in Handicapped and family parking, silly little sluts who try to drink more than the pub possesses in 2 hours,then wonder where their knickers have gone again, insisting on the morning after pill, again.
Then there's the scum of the whole earth,the media. And the complete pricks who subscibe to,and religiously agree to all that they print and say.
What about the rising numbers of paedophiles,murderers, gunmen, rapists, violent attacks, and that's just the church!
Gangs,and all that they represent,what about the judicial system? Politicians?
And finally-the classic. Illegal immigrants. Not the hard working,valuable,family loving people with skills to offer,but the scummy tax dodging,pick-pocketing, drug/people smuggling dickheads that'll eventually be in power and ruin an already sinking ship.

There. That's better.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trigod

I wont miss:

the silly cow we used to live next door to, who was HAD to have a particular space in the car park, so much so that she & her hubby used to play musica;l cars inorder to keep the space for themselves. This wouldn't have been so bad except they had a garage , with parking in front of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 3:04 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

The traffic
Old Nov 24th 2006, 6:53 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Another cracking thread! Right-here goes.
Tony Blair's smiling lying assassin face,and yes,I'm labour!
The horrible scallies round ours with little mini motos,dogs that'll bite your bollocks off if you even try to feed them a smaller dog (I mean-doesn't anyone have labradors anymore?), those stupid dark trackies,with dark hoods,dark trainies,and even darker intelligence, thieving,wrecking,grafittiing, destroying,lack-of-respecting little bastards they are.
Petrol prices,fashion victims,Chelsea tractor driving X5 wankers with sunnies on in mid November, dickheads with £30,000 Audis who park in Handicapped and family parking, silly little sluts who try to drink more than the pub possesses in 2 hours,then wonder where their knickers have gone again, insisting on the morning after pill, again.
Then there's the scum of the whole earth,the media. And the complete pricks who subscibe to,and religiously agree to all that they print and say.
What about the rising numbers of paedophiles,murderers, gunmen, rapists, violent attacks, and that's just the church!
Gangs,and all that they represent,what about the judicial system? Politicians?
And finally-the classic. Illegal immigrants. Not the hard working,valuable,family loving people with skills to offer,but the scummy tax dodging,pick-pocketing, drug/people smuggling dickheads that'll eventually be in power and ruin an already sinking ship.

There. That's better.
Dont hold back say what you think. Seriously, DONT

Karma to you my shy mate
Old Nov 24th 2006, 6:57 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Now then where do I start?

1. Rude ignorant people who think its their God given right for me to open doors for them and for them just to ignore me without a smile or owt. Tossers.

I will leave the rest until I get home from work. Im off to Leeds today and that means Im in for a shitty day and will be ready for a good old rant later
Old Nov 24th 2006, 7:37 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I won't miss snow.. I suffer dreadfully in the winter as I have poor circulation and really feel the cold. Scraping the car when the snow is inches deep is a nightmare for me. I always give thanks for the fact I am 5ft 3" cos I think if I were 6ft my circulation would only reach to my knees!!
One of the reasons we chose Hamilton - they haven't had snow since 1960 but I bet they will now :scared:

Last edited by karonious; Nov 24th 2006 at 7:40 am. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 24th 2006, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

Firstly Danny F breathe!!!! Breathe!!!!

And secondly woooohhooooooooo what a thread, doesnt it feel good to let it all out?
Old Nov 24th 2006, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL at Danny F - but oooohhhhhhh so true matey!

I agree with everyone here, won't miss everything everyone has said ... in fact it's just easier to say ... I WILL miss my family and friends but nothing else! Ha

Maybe when we get there (if bleeding house sells , so impatient - it's only been on market for 10 days) I'll find stuff I miss but if I'm going to whine about missing it, I may as well stay huh!

We have a neighbour who has THREE cars and we live on a busy(ish) road where we have limited parking space AND have to pay to park ... they insist on parking their THREE cars outside everyone else' house while leaving a big gap outside hers (but not big enough for someone to get their car in)

I'm hearing about the snow too - if I wanted snow, I'd stay here and save quite a fortune! I have poor circulation too and my Dr prescribed lounging on the beach at every given opportunity!

Oh and my 40-something scummy chavvy neighbours who insist on playing 'slit-yer-wrist' music all hours - even though I have reported them they still do it!

Scummy chavs firing fireworks from their hands down the street no matter who is walking up it!

Oooh this list could go on and on !!! Will stop there Lets just say ''I'm a Mother, get me outta heeeeere''

Michelle & Carl
Old Nov 24th 2006, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Ohhh yeh i forgot about the chavy firework morons!

On bonfire night someone threw one at our car and it narrowly missed us and exploded in the road behind us.....if it had hit the car I would be doing time now for beating the little basterds into the next life!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

I cant actually think of things that i wont miss..not sure if this is a good or bad thing

I guess the only thing i definitely wont miss is my ex boss from TC, and as i left last sept 2005...then it isnt such a big deal
Old Nov 24th 2006, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kwprwn
I cant actually think of things that i wont miss..not sure if this is a good or bad thing

I guess the only thing i definitely wont miss is my ex boss from TC, and as i left last sept 2005...then it isnt such a big deal
I think Danny covered most of everyone's! (Nice one mate!). I'm like you Dawn, sitting here wracking my brain for what I won't miss. I know there must have been stuff but, you know what, I will so not miss it that I've forgotten it already!!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by StevieB
I think Danny covered most of everyone's! (Nice one mate!). I'm like you Dawn, sitting here wracking my brain for what I won't miss. I know there must have been stuff but, you know what, I will so not miss it that I've forgotten it already!!
i can think of stuff I miss but mainly in the way of family....the other things are fairly minor such as walkers crisps and not the kind of thing you would go running home for

am sure there must be somethings I dont miss....but when your life is going well, then you dont focus on the negative stuff
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:05 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

As Stevie says I think Danny hit the numerous nails on the head. York is the same as The 'pool by the sounds of it. Even the small town I live in is getting that way. But to add my own, the wankers I work for at the moment, turning every bodys lives upside down to save a few quid.

Will miss family, the few friends I do have and a country full of history that has gone down the pan.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
As Stevie says I think Danny hit the numerous nails on the head. York is the same as The 'pool by the sounds of it. Even the small town I live in is getting that way. But to add my own, the wankers I work for at the moment, turning every bodys lives upside down to save a few quid.

Will miss family, the few friends I do have and a country full of history that has gone down the pan.
Also won't miss whinging bleeding night shift!! Sorry Mark, didn't mean you, but you'll know who I do mean. Can't say i will miss people we worked for, but as I've used 2 of them as referrees, can't say too much!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.