Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

OK I know it's been asked - heaters??

OK I know it's been asked - heaters??

Old May 5th 2009, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK I know it's been asked - heaters??

Originally Posted by Genesis
I have 6 dehumids.
Wow, some carbon footprint for little old Palmy North!
Old May 5th 2009, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Browner_
Wow, some carbon footprint for little old Palmy North!
Needs must. I am an avid skip diver so I do my fair share of recycling..any way global warming or a damp house??? Hmmmmmm..know which one is my choice, anyways they are only around 3-400 watts each..just like a very, very, very bright light bulb. I ain't got nooooo guilt this end.
Old May 7th 2009, 7:27 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

Wow, so that's one thread I don't have to start! I was wondering if Kiwi houses were set up with central heating like those in the UK, but alas, it appears not!!

I've been in Oz for 4 years and heading over to NZ in the middle of winter, so I'll be packing thermal underwear and getting ready to be about this shade for the next wee while...
Old May 7th 2009, 8:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by saoghalbeag
Wow, so that's one thread I don't have to start! I was wondering if Kiwi houses were set up with central heating like those in the UK, but alas, it appears not!!

I've been in Oz for 4 years and heading over to NZ in the middle of winter, so I'll be packing thermal underwear and getting ready to be about this shade for the next wee while...
Depends where you are heading. Norf or Sarf.
Old May 7th 2009, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saoghalbeag

Bring some woolly socks and a beanie.
And thats for when you are in bed.
Old May 9th 2009, 7:26 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Browner_
Bring some woolly socks and a beanie.
And thats for when you are in bed.
When my first winter struck in Scotland I remember putting on every item of clothing I had before I went outside, and I wore TWO pairs of PJs to bed under my trackies, with socks, woolly hat and sleeping bag covered by a quilt. We were also guilty of not changing out of the bedtime under layer before heading out for the day (cleaning job so didn't have to impress!)

I acclimatised eventually and at least I have the added benefit of 'enjoying' the cold...but it's easy to say when you're sitting in sunny Queensland (yep, still sunny! shorts/singlet weather today)