Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZQA - Cancellation notice????

NZQA - Cancellation notice????

Old Jul 21st 2009, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light
Default NZQA - Cancellation notice????

We submitted OH's qualifications to NZQA for a full assesment prior to us handing in our ITA, we have been watching its progress online and yesterday we found the following:with the cancellation ticked and notification sent. Any ideas what the cancellation ticked means folks? Sent them an email and got the following reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry, your application has been completed and your IQA Assessment Report and documentation have been couriered to you on the 20/07/09. I believe your Assessment Report should explain the reason for the 'Cancellation' status on our website however I do not have access to that information from here. Once you have received your assessment report and you still have queries please feel free to contact your Evaluator directly

Can anyone explain what this means? we claimed points for OH's qualifications so we are slightly concerned! Thanks in advance!

LiffyB
Old Jul 21st 2009, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: NZQA - Cancellation notice????

hiya

i hope its not bad news....

keep us all posted huh??

and good luck

anna
Old Jul 21st 2009, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NZQA - Cancellation notice????

Thanks Anna - hoping to hear from them preety soon - not certain how long it takes to come from NZ. They did an initial assessment prior to our EOI which seemed to be ok - so we wait to see what happens! Since submitting our EOI I have gained an BA (Hons) so hoping this will give me extra points.

We wait and see!

Liff
Old Jul 27th 2009, 8:56 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

just wanted to ask what happened with regards to the 'cancellation' business.
We have also had to get OHs quals assessed.
Have just logged onto the NZQA website and up until an hour or 2 ago (nice immigration finger going on here ) the 'allocation' bit was ticked and the 'evaluation' bit looked to be in progress.
Now the 'allocation' is still ticked but the 'evaluation' has changed to 'cancellation'. Understandably we're a bit concerned - could you shed any light on this
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi There - will PM you with our results

Liff
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:37 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by LiffyB
Hi There - will PM you with our results

Liff
Hi Liff.
Don't tell me your results but I'd like to understand what the NZQA 'cancellation' bit means too. PM me if you wish.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:47 pm
~^_^~

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hi Liff.
Don't tell me your results but I'd like to understand what the NZQA 'cancellation' bit means too. PM me if you wish.
if you want BEVS when we eventually understand what our means I can PM you with our info.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:53 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by shelloid
if you want BEVS when we eventually understand what our means I can PM you with our info.
Ooo. Ta ! I'm not after your personals and all that. Just want to understand wot is wot with this NZQA. I only ever did one once which was a PAR for a friend.

Have some helpfulness karma.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:22 pm
~^_^~

So I thought I would update everyone, if you're interested, on what our cancellation from NZQA meant. It may be a bit long winded so apologies in advance!

I am a pharmacist, which is on the long term skills shortage and so am the main applicant. My partner is a financial adviser (or was before the recession set in )

My parnter has a Certificate in Mortgages Advice and Practice, which is necessary to work in his particular field. Before submitting our EOI we decided to check with the NZQA whether we would be able to claim any points for his certificate.
So we filled out a pre-assessment application with the NZQA and duly paid our $70.
We were very pleased when they replied that his certificate was equivalent to a New Zealand level 4 qualification and that we could claim the 20 points for the qualification.
Fantastic!

So we filled in our EOI with a total of 130 points - and were selected straight away. Brilliant!

So then we spend a few weeks gatheing all the information needed for the full International Qualification Assessment with NZQA. Finally we had all the information so we posted it off and paid our $400 for the full assessment.

Immigration finger set in and I was checking the NZQA website every day (ok, ok every hour more like ) for updates on what was happening.
We watched it go from 'recieve original documents' to 'file set up' to 'allocation' expecting the next step to be 'evaluation' as that's what it had as the next stage on the website.
Wrong! The next stage for us was cancellation! We had no idea what was going on - we definitely hadn't cancelled our application.

So we looked on BE and searched to see if it had happened to anyone else and found this thread. Still no real answer for us.

We emailed NZQA and got cc'd in on an email from one staff member to another asking him to look into it. 2 days later still no reply.
Another email sent from us. Another email we were cc'd into between the same staff members. No reply.
ANOTHER email sent by us asking why our assessment had been cancelled - was it because the qualification was 'exempt from assessment' or because it was 'recognised as an exemption'.

Finally!! A reply!

The reply was: 'both of these reasons do not apply to your qualification and the letter that has been sent has the explanation in bold.'
So the reason that was stated was that NZQA only assess qualifications that take over 400 hours study. They had decided that my partners qualification only required 360 hours study.

We emailed back asking why the pre-assessment result indicated that we would be able to get the qualification assessed, but were told quite bluntly that they could not comment on it.

All in all it took us over 5 working days (taking into account the time difference) to get an answer. We were also refunded $300, which I am grateful of.

After this we were vey concerned that we wouldn't be able to continue with our current ITA, but I have emailed our case officer who has informed us that with our new total of 110 points we still meet the selection mark and so can continue with our ITA.

What a relief!

I just thought I would let people know what happened to us, just incase there is anyone else in the same situation in the future.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 5:49 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Shelloid thanks for the info, what a rollercoaster! My heart would drop if I read "Cancellation" on anything

Good work for getting it hopefully sorted, and best of luck with the rest of the process!!