Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZQA Assessment Help!!

NZQA Assessment Help!!

Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

lyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nice
Default NZQA Assessment Help!!

Hi all,

I am about to send off my NVQ to NZQA for assessment and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they sent off the whole portfolio with the certificate or is it just the certificate that is to be sent?

I have e-mailed NZQA and asked this question but they just sent me a link to the website and a note to say click on international......but I still can not find the answer.:curse:

Cheers

Lynda
Old Feb 11th 2009, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZQA Assessment Help!!

Can't speak for NVQ's but for my BEd qual I had to send whole college transcript and photocopy. Hope someone else comes along to help you , good luck
Old Feb 13th 2009, 2:18 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

I sent off a BTec Diploma, cetificate only, and the contact details for BTec.
This lets NZQA communicate directly with the examining body, and gets them off your back.
I did, however, have to chase BTec to speed up due to timescale things.
Both sides were great, satisfatory result, and processed well within the time once they knew my concerns.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by lyndanchris
Hi all,

I am about to send off my NVQ to NZQA for assessment and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they sent off the whole portfolio with the certificate or is it just the certificate that is to be sent?

I have e-mailed NZQA and asked this question but they just sent me a link to the website and a note to say click on international......but I still can not find the answer.:curse:

Cheers

Lynda
Am interested to know exactly how this went on?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

lyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nice

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Hi Bev,

Well, I still could not get the exact answers from NZQA so I sent the whole lot yesterday which included the 2 portfolios, 2 certificates, company references and marriage certificate.

Cost a fortune on postage (£53 with Fedex). Weight of package was 3.5kg.

Will let you know how it goes when I hear anything back!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Just an update!

All documents were received by NZQA on 09/03/09. Web site information was still showing that they were awaiting the documents on 16/03/09 so I sent them an e-mail stating that they had received the documents on 09/03/09 and that it had been signed for by their receptionist. I did not receive any reply back from the e-mail but within 10 minutes the web site suddenly appeared with original documents received, file set up, allocated and evaluation started 16/03/09.

Will update with progress as it appears on their web site.....maybe this will help others to determine timescales.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:51 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to NZQA - and the best of luck.

My tip is to ring these p***k's and ALWAYS get the name of the person you are speaking to. They seem very reluctant to give out that sort of info.. Don't know why - perhaps it's the phrase "I wish to speak to your boss to make a complaint". Humm
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice

Hi, we sent my hubbys cert off to the NZQA early Jan my advice is send as much info as possible, he encluded all related supporting documents (it can only help!) he also encluded a cert from the CIOB, why Im not sure but he claimed it might help and it did!
You can keep check on your progress on the website and follow the 6 or so stages but it took them about 35 days, when 'closed' my husband got all excited but couldnt find and results on line so in desperation he phoned, only to be told they couldnt give any info out he would just have to wait for the documents to come through the post, which could take about 10 days, 3 days later we had parcel in our hands,
Good Luck
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

As of today, evaluation and report preparation has been completed and quality checking has been started.

Might get this back quickly!!!!!!
Old Mar 21st 2009, 1:08 am
`

Fingers crossed
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Quality checking has been completed and sent for approval today.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:32 pm
`

Do you get progress updates via email or do you log-in to NZQA using a code or summat to see the status please?

As you say, this is very useful for others looking in.

Husband being a craftsman plumber, he didn't have to do an NZQA assessment.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Hi Bevs,

When you fill in the online application you choose your log on details and confirm them. This then allows you to log on the website at any time to see the progress of your application.

As of today approval is complete and it has gone to notification. Just waiting for the outcome now.

Will post the results as I get them but I must admit that after reading some of the posts from others who have done this I never expected it would be this quick!!!!

Cheers

Lynda
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Today the web site states notification complete and case closed. Results sent by courier today. Have to wait until the package arrives back here to find out what the results are as that is one thing you can not get off the site.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 3:02 am
`

....bump for those wanting to know abut NZQA time-lines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.