Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ in the Winter. Not nice!

NZ in the Winter. Not nice!

Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ in the Winter. Not nice!

Originally Posted by Apple13
Logburners in Christchurch have to abide by the clean air regulations, open fires are being phased out and there are subsidies available for putting in new efficient clean-burning log burners. There is a vast difference between open fires, as talked about in the article, and the log burners that the rest of us were talking about.
For those in the Canterbury region there is more info here: http://www.cleanheat.org.nz/

If most/all houses convert to the new models of log burners, then we will all need to turn our attention to the polluting automobile, which is of just as much concern to those in cities... but that is a whole other debate..
Thanks Apple for pointing out the sweeping generalisations and inaccuracies in that post
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:40 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
<chants> Rolle-STON Rolle-STON Rolle-STON </c> We can go cycling through the hills together
Cycling on that burn't bottom of your's?!! Ouch!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:10 am
Just Joined

ck76 is an unknown quantity at this point

so whaht
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:11 am
Just Joined

ck76 is an unknown quantity at this point

north island should havemilder winter
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

dicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nice

Originally Posted by slippery
Hello Richard,
Well I am not sure how to respond to your replies. I suppose I don’t really do friendly introductions but to say that one could argue that I am ignorant and arrogant is not very nice. In fact a bit nasty.
My comment was generic and not pointed at you, Slippery. Best do as everyone else says on here and not take it personally. Cheers.

I have been in NZ for quite a while now but not as long as you. But I have seen enough of NZ to know my way around the place. .
Quite what such detail of where I live has to do with this thread, I do not know.

Sorry to those who feel my etiquette was not up to standard.
Don't apologise. I respect your standards of etiquette, Slippery. They are just different from mine though. People have insisted on here that this is a "public" forum. This is of course true, which is why I try to behave on here as I do in public.

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 20th 2007 at 3:33 am. Reason: Detail removed.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ck76
north island should havemilder winter
I had ice on my car windscreen this morning.

I'm in Tauranga

Liz
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

Try this for size

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10446709

Outside air temperature 5c power in house working at 0630 because lights and radio working, but no! turns out hot water heater is connected to different power line coming into house so that had been out and as Mrs G had lovely warm bath before going to bed no hot water this morning but at least the kettle worked so didnt have to chip whiskers of the chin this morning with cold water.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Liz & Co
I had ice on my car windscreen this morning.

I'm in Tauranga

Liz
Had ice on mine in Welly - no de-icer or scraper handy.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:36 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy
Had ice on mine in Welly - no de-icer or scraper handy.
I had the chauffer put the car in the garage this evening....stops it icing up dahlink!
Actually, I won't reverse the car into the under-house garage in case I bump the motorbike because Steve would never believe I hadn't done it on purpose!
But I am in the same boat - I don't have an ice-scraper yet either!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:38 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apple13
Logburners in Christchurch......we will all need to turn our attention to the polluting automobile, which is of just as much concern to those in cities... but that is a whole other debate..
hey hey, isnt/wasnt the biodiesel plant supposed to be the next big thing - although the Kiwi ingenuity has been stretched somewhat on the ones I have seen - all hairy string and elastoplast!!
Also didnt one of the big chemical companies shut down the methanol plant here a couple of years ago - oh well, two steps forward, one back I suppose.

Talking of pollution I was just reading in my local free "glossy advert" magazine about outdoor fireplaces - ideal for the autumn months so you can burn all that free firewood whilst sitting outside on the deck - forget gas guzzling 4x4s, SUVs, UTEs and the like lets have a tax on them???!!!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:40 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dicknlyn
For me there are two issues here. Firstly, I personally didn't find Slippery's views offensive. ...But yes, I agree...let people post. I've never said they shouldn't. We are all entitled to say what we feel. It makes for a good read and doesn't half do my typing skills good!
No worries - lets all get on with the free-speech forumite thing and have a good old natter/moan/rejoice/love-in/drunken mumble, thats what "posting" is all about (IMHO of course!).
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:43 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
hey hey, isnt/wasnt the biodiesel plant supposed to be the next big thing - although the Kiwi ingenuity has been stretched somewhat on the ones I have seen - all hairy string and elastoplast!!
Also didnt one of the big chemical companies shut down the methanol plant here a couple of years ago - oh well, two steps forward, one back I suppose.

Talking of pollution I was just reading in my local free "glossy advert" magazine about outdoor fireplaces - ideal for the autumn months so you can burn all that free firewood whilst sitting outside on the deck - forget gas guzzling 4x4s, SUVs, UTEs and the like lets have a tax on them???!!!

Noooooooooooo!

Actually, I'm quite anti the green taxes, I love my 4wd, I hate to recycle (I mean seriously - who can be arsed?). There's two types of people in this world, tree-huggers, and those that aren't!!! Climate warming? Who gives a sh*t???!!!! Guess what catergory I fall into?!!

No STEALTH TAX IN NZ!!! JOIN ME NOW!!!!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

call it what you like, one could argue that this could be seen as arrogant (or ignorant of forum etiquette). I pride myself in having some basic manners, and that includes typing internet forum posts.

Looks like you are calling him arrogant and ignorant to me and you the one with manners,and I have't seen any rules on this site referring to how to introduce yourself, when it is basically an anonymous means to discuss subjects with other posters. There is another forum <snip> have you tried it?.
If Slippery had posted nice happy comments you would not have batted an eyelid.
Or are you an interloper from the said site sent to stir up trouble?

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 20th 2007 at 2:56 am. Reason: Please do not bypass this forums filters. Thankyou
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
call it what you like, one could argue that this could be seen as arrogant (or ignorant of forum etiquette). I pride myself in having some basic manners, and that includes typing internet forum posts.

Looks like you are calling him arrogant and ignorant to me and you the one with manners,and I have't seen any rules on this site referring to how to introduce yourself, when it is basically an anonymous means to discuss subjects with other posters. There is another forum <snip> have you tried it?.
If Slippery had posted nice happy comments you would not have batted an eyelid.
Bloody hell - give it a rest you two - good fun for the rest of us though!

Did your Sling Box ever work mcuddy1??

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 20th 2007 at 2:56 am. Reason: as above - forum filter.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:59 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
he said, himself stirring furiously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.