Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ wages for Auto Electricians and mechanics

NZ wages for Auto Electricians and mechanics

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

nicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nice
Default NZ wages for Auto Electricians and mechanics

Hi, just wandered if anyone could give me some idea of the average wage in nz for auto Electricians and mechanincs. I'm an auto electrician by trade, just after a bit of info.... annual, hourly rate

Cheeeeeeeers

Paul
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 7:43 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ wages for Auto Electricians and mechanics

Originally Posted by nicorsts1
Hi, just wandered if anyone could give me some idea of the average wage in nz for auto Electricians and mechanincs. I'm an auto electrician by trade, just after a bit of info.... annual, hourly rate

Cheeeeeeeers

Paul
It depends where you're going to live and whether it's a franchise or 'general garage' but roughly $50k to $75k, or there's the self employed route.......
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

nicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sirplug
It depends where you're going to live and whether it's a franchise or 'general garage' but roughly $50k to $75k, or there's the self employed route.......
Thanks sirplug, we've not decided yet where abouts we would live, still looking into it but fairly open. North and South Islands . In the UK I work for a privately owned garage, prefer it to the dealerships. I thought around $50k, suprised at $75K.... what sort employer and location would you be looking at for the higher wages.

Paul
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:42 am

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicorsts1
Thanks sirplug, we've not decided yet where abouts we would live, still looking into it but fairly open. North and South Islands . In the UK I work for a privately owned garage, prefer it to the dealerships. I thought around $50k, suprised at $75K.... what sort employer and location would you be looking at for the higher wages.

Paul
You'll be looking at Auckland Centre and a dealership. Thought about setting up on your own?

I've come over and currently setting up as a mobile mechanic, as I didn't want to be another 'employee'. It's in it's early stages but the name's going about and I'm starting to get a few recommendations..........

Where in Derbyshire are you from, we came over from Notts, in Mansfield, not far from the Notts/ Derbys border
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

You'll be looking at Auckland Centre and a dealership. Thought about setting up on your own?

I've come over and currently setting up as a mobile mechanic, as I didn't want to be another 'employee'. It's in it's early stages but the name's going about and I'm starting to get a few recommendations..........

Where in Derbyshire are you from, we came over from Notts, in Mansfield, not far from the Notts/ Derbys border
I've thought about setting up, think i'd be best seeing how things are first.... get a feel for it. How would you compare the job over in NZ compared to the UK? I guess from what i've seen there's more Japanese cars but a fair few European makes too, dont tend to have much trouble with the electrics on Japanese cars here compared to say the frenchies, they keep us busy. I'll look into setting up on my own though for sure.....

I'm from just up the road, Chesterfield lol, and my girlfriends originally from Newcastle. We have our interview coming up soon so fingers crossed all goes well.

Good luck with your buisness too

Cheers

Paul and Dani
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:24 pm
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Hey there
I was just down the road from you in sunny Hucknall
now in Tauranga
and having motor problems with my Fiat
AGAIN
Old Apr 24th 2010, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by bdclayton
Hey there
I was just down the road from you in sunny Hucknall
now in Tauranga
and having motor problems with my Fiat
AGAIN
I was born and bred in sunny Hucknall, used to be a pupil of Hucknall National and also know of another ex Hucknall resident in Tauranga!....Fiats...am a fan of Alfa's and a previous owner of several.....know what you're going through!