British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   NZ Shut for Christmas Hols? Job Search Woes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/nz-shut-christmas-hols-job-search-woes-416833/)

Wiz'n'Ton Jan 4th 2007 4:41 pm

Re: NZ Shut for Christmas Hols? Job Search Woes

Originally Posted by dreamfish (Post 4248948)
skype is software you install on your pc to enable you to make telephone calls over your internet connection. i have installed skype on all the parents computers - so when we get out to NZ it will cost us nothing to speak to each other. well ok, you need a working internet connection, but if ur paying that anyway its cheaper to call using skype than it is via a regular telephone provider. Think BT charge 20p a minute.
we have had half hour conversations with recruitment agencies and our £10 has barely been used.

Cheers Georgina & Dreamfish. Still playing catch-up with all this IT stuff as never had own PC until this Christmas when my entire family all clubbed together to get us an all singing, all dancing lap-top with all the software already on it! How nice is that? Has web-cam and all that, so can keep in touch with home even when 1/2 a world a way.

When I get it on-line (no broadband at ours) will get skype first thing. Cheers for the heads up guys!

Regards,

Wiz

Maz Jan 4th 2007 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Burt Badger (Post 4248993)
Very quick!.............You won't fit in in NZ at all! It would have taken months for a Kywy to have come up with that LOL

;) Burt ;)

It's OK, we get it, you hate and loathe NZ and everything to do with it. Are you here to "educate" us then, or are your posts just sour grapes. Please do enlighten us.

"Kywy". Awful spelling.

andy&georgina Jan 4th 2007 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 4249036)
It's OK, we get it, you hate and loathe NZ and everything to do with it. Are you here to "educate" us then, or are your posts just sour grapes. Please do enlighten us.

"Kywy". Awful spelling.

I agree Maz !! :)

Perhaps Burt would find the "Moving Back to Uk" forum a little more suitable for his posts !! :D

Maz Jan 4th 2007 4:54 pm

Probably a good idea! He can say how shite everywhere else is in the world and how perfect the UK is. :D

andy&georgina Jan 4th 2007 4:55 pm

Karma coming your way hun - you speak my words for me :D

Burt Badger Jan 4th 2007 4:58 pm

Just fed up of all the hype abpout NZ, which is nothing more than a massive ($2 Billion) money making exercise for the NZ government.

Think about it.......who buys all the top end housing, luxury cars, gert big boats???????

The country makes you jump through hoops to get in then offers nothing in return, as 8 out of 10 British families find out because these are the ones who return within 2 years.

If you love it then good for you, but I find that the only people who really defend NZ on these forums are those who profit from immigration.

Burt ;)

Burt Badger Jan 4th 2007 5:04 pm

Oh and if you want to give each other high 5's or Karma.....try sending it to the poor buggers from the UK who are stuck in NZ and have spent all their savings, can't get decent jobs, are suffering from clincal depression and can't afford to move back to the UK.

Burt ;)

andy&georgina Jan 4th 2007 5:04 pm

Burt, as a new person by the looks of it to this forum, you have not been reading all the old posts where people explain about how things are good for them etc etc...

I would suggest you use the " Moving Back Forum" as this is where most people vent there frustration and annoyance about the country they have moved back from.

The people who stick up for NZ on this forum, from my experience are not people who are connected to Immigration - but normal people who are living the dream & enjoying every moment of it!

Burt Badger Jan 4th 2007 5:06 pm

What.......in Berkshire?????

Burt ;)

Maz Jan 4th 2007 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Burt Badger (Post 4249088)
What.......in Berkshire?????

Burt ;)

I think you missed the point. You're obviously extremely bitter and are only capable of seeing immigration in terms of money. I, for one, have not come across anyone here who works for NZ Immigration. Have you? How are people "making money" off immigration? No lawyers on this site, that I know of.

I've made some good friends on this board, so do excuse me if I feel like backing them up when they're verbally attacked by a pissed-off newbie. :rolleyes:

Burt Badger Jan 4th 2007 5:19 pm

Ahhhhhh...pulling the "Old Sweats" routine. How very childish!

Burt ;)

Maz Jan 4th 2007 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Burt Badger (Post 4249130)
Ahhhhhh...pulling the "Old Sweats" routine. How very childish!

Burt ;)

It's gone 6 pm in the UK. Have you been drinking? I think so. You're making very little to zero sense.

jueinnz Jan 4th 2007 6:44 pm

Ok guys,
Bert is entilted to his opinions and although I stopped reading this forum a few years ago because it was too negative, I do think its important that we have someone who can tell everyone about the bad side as well.
IF his intentions are good, and he doesn't exagerate, it is good for prospective immigrants to remember that 8 in 10 families end up going home.

Admittedly if you want your views to be heard and listened too a little less aggression will go a long way!!!:)

Maz Jan 4th 2007 8:15 pm

I agree he's entitled to his opinion, Julie. I just fail to see why he's in a forum where he's so incredibly against the target country. There's a right and wrong way to go about putting one's point of view across, especially when new to a forum. You don't just go charging in harping about how everything in NZ is shite and rather bizarrely and cryptically ranting about immigration agents lurking or posting on the site. It doesn't exactly curry favour...

Dirk1971 Jan 4th 2007 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Burt Badger (Post 4249003)
We are down £85,000, which is something to bear in mind.

Scary figures if things don't work out eh?

Burt ;)

40K down here :( Five years of bitter struggle! Would I do it again? No ****ing way. Live and learn.