NZ Shack for sale

Old May 20th 2007, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold
Default NZ Shack for sale

Being an avid Trade ME surfer I have spotted a very nice shack someone might be interested in. It could be a misprint but the price is 750k. In my opinion only I think some one is having a laugh.
When buying beware Estate Agent speak architecturally designed actually means it is a one off carbuncle that no one in their right mind would look at.
Attached Images  
Old May 20th 2007, 2:53 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ Shack for sale

Link to trademe? That pic is way too small to make much out.
Old May 20th 2007, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maz
Link to trademe? That pic is way too small to make much out.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Pr...htm?key=301527
Old May 20th 2007, 3:58 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Yeah, it is a nice shack with a good size section and all, but NZ$750K? Having said that I remember that a couple of years ago a nothing special three-bedroom house on Kaiteriteri Beach sold for NZ$2 million.

Wow!
Old May 20th 2007, 4:18 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect it is this price because of the potential to demolish it and build a socking great big modern beach house with amazing views.

Its like beach huts or garages with sea views on the south coast of England now seem to go for £350,000, without power or running water.

Scary.

Buzzy
Old May 20th 2007, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Being an avid Trade ME surfer I have spotted a very nice shack someone might be interested in. It could be a misprint but the price is 750k. In my opinion only I think some one is having a laugh.
When buying beware Estate Agent speak architecturally designed actually means it is a one off carbuncle that no one in their right mind would look at.
We went to an open house today in a wealthy rural area south of Auckland.
The house was ok, but it had no insulation, no double-glazed windows, the only source of heat was one wood burning stove, no air conditioning even though the house had two storeys, and no window screens. The cladding was cheap plastic stuff and it had a metal roof. The total land area was a little over 6000 sq. meters. The asking price was over 1,200,000.
I asked the agent about the lack of modern insulation and such and he told me it's difficult to find those things in NZ.

You're absolutely right about architecturally designed homes!
Old May 20th 2007, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=The Weezer;4804396]
The cladding was cheap plastic stuff and it had a metal roof.

That's the part I just don't get, metal roof!!!!!!! When I look out of the tower block my lecture room is in all I can see are Tin roofs, (CHC) it just reminds me of the old garage my father had in the UK before it was demolished.
I suspect it makes one hell of a racket when it rains.
Old May 20th 2007, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it does, our rental in South Auckland had a tin roof. I'm a light sleeper anyway so when it rained all night I got no sleep at all. This old house we bought has a tile roof, it even has a few bricks too.
Old May 20th 2007, 10:17 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

House prices in this 'nick' of the woods have one through the ceiling. We're just over the Ranges in Marlborough and land prices here have increased 17% in the last 3 months

We've been here 6 weeks and TBH if we don't get back on the ladder soon, then we're in danger of not being able to. (mortgage man coming round tomorrow night!!)
Old May 20th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
House prices in this 'nick' of the woods have one through the ceiling. We're just over the Ranges in Marlborough and land prices here have increased 17% in the last 3 months

We've been here 6 weeks and TBH if we don't get back on the ladder soon, then we're in danger of not being able to. (mortgage man coming round tomorrow night!!)
We were in that situation last year. We knew that if we didnt buy in Beachlands pretty soon then we would be priced out. Luckily it all went through OK and we sold UK house and bought this old one here. If we were looking for houses now theres hardly anything we could afford, and certainly nothing that would be big enough for us all to live in. We did it just at the right time.

Good luck with Mr Mortgage Man!
Old May 20th 2007, 10:42 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
We were in that situation last year. We knew that if we didnt buy in Beachlands pretty soon then we would be priced out. Luckily it all went through OK and we sold UK house and bought this old one here. If we were looking for houses now theres hardly anything we could afford, and certainly nothing that would be big enough for us all to live in. We did it just at the right time.

Good luck with Mr Mortgage Man!
Cheers hun

If the worse comes to the worse, we could always stick a child on trademe!! I'm sure they must be worth something!!
Old May 20th 2007, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Cheers hun

If the worse comes to the worse, we could always stick a child on trademe!! I'm sure they must be worth something!!
Haha, can buy almost everything else on there!! I used to say I'd only have a second child when I could go and buy one at Tescos!

We couldnt afford to buy the house we live in if we were buying this year. We were fully stretched to the limit getting this one but we wanted an original 1/4 acre plot and there wasnt much choice. We could buy a much smaller house with postage stamp sized garden or this older but larger house on full section. We have so much work to do to this house, its gonna cost us a lot but at least we all have room to move....and play outside too.
Old May 20th 2007, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
That's the part I just don't get, metal roof!!!!!!! When I look out of the tower block my lecture room is in all I can see are Tin roofs, (CHC) it just reminds me of the old garage my father had in the UK before it was demolished.
I suspect it makes one hell of a racket when it rains.
The racket is quite awful when it rains, and every morning you get woken up by birds hopping around.
Old May 20th 2007, 11:22 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by The Weezer
...... and every morning you get woken up by birds hopping around.
So very true. Ours seem to wear hobnail boots.
Old May 20th 2007, 7:26 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. Well the price is obviously very high due to the fact that it's a large amount of beachfront land in Nelson.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.