Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ Photo Thread - New

NZ Photo Thread - New

Old Jun 8th 2005, 3:29 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZ Photo Thread - New

The last thread was taking too long to load.

Please feel free to continue in this one.

Will leave the old thread stuck at the top for the time being.

Sue

(Don't forget we also have a country section in photopost where you can also add your great pics.)
Old Jun 8th 2005, 3:43 pm
Franklin

Default Re: NZ Photo Thread - New

Continued ...

... more please Shepslady!

PS ... any idea how much the Interisland ferry costs? Is it used by NZ commuters (re: to get to their jobs/homes)? Cheers.

Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

For ferry prices, check out: www.interislander.co.nz/

I doubt whether anyone does this as a daily commute - the trip takes several hours.

Originally Posted by Franklin
Continued ...

PS ... any idea how much the Interisland ferry costs? Is it used by NZ commuters (re: to get to their jobs/homes)? Cheers.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 11:55 am
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi

I doubt whether anyone does this as a daily commute - the trip takes several hours.
No it doesn't - three hours for the ship, about 2 hours 10 mins for the Lynx.

Or 20 mins by plane from Koromiko (near Picton), which is also very attractively priced.

And yes, people do commute from their hideaways in the Marlborough Sounds, but you have to be keen!
Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:22 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Continued ...

Will work on some more photos later for you. As for travelling on the Interisland ferries. Im sure some people do use them to commute but they would be the minority. I think on the whole most people using them would be those who are vacationing. Its a relatively economical way to travel especially if wanting to take your own vehicle. For many years I took my family on road trips between the South & North Island. After a long drive it was a great way to relax before begining the next part of your journey. The scenery in the Marlborough Sounds is spectacular & on a nice warm sunny summers day there is nothing nicer than sitting out on deck enjoying the sun & views. Some of the crossings during the winter months can be a little hairy especially out in Cooks strait but the trip is definately one I would recommend to anyone. Only downside in my opinion is the food is not particularly great so would advise grbbing something to eat before boarding the ship. Snacks on board are ok though. Full bar service is available & plenty of activities to keep kids amused. The bigger ones take aprox 3 hours to make the crossing while The Lynx is a little under 2 hours if my memory serves me correct. Either way its a brilliant way to add a little something different to your journey.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:56 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Bay of Islands NZ

Rotorua

Napier NZ

Old Jun 10th 2005, 6:33 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi

You can save a lot of money by checking what is the cheapest fare

Ultra Saver fares These are the cheapest way to get across Cook Strait! They are a great deal but once booked, they are non-refundable. Ultra Saver fares are available every day of the year but numbers are limited - so if you want a great deal, make sure you book early! Saver Change fares These are our mid range fares and are available in greater numbers. Saver Change fares incur a 50% fee if cancelled. Easy Change fares These are our most flexible fares and allow you cancel right up to time of check-in without any cancellation fees. So if you need to be flexible, these are the fares for you.

You need to phone the Interislander office well in advance and insist on a good deal.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:31 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Rippon Vineyard Lake Wanaka

Lake Wanaka

Lake Dunstan Central Otago
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:32 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Windsurfing on Lake Hawea

Maori Lake South Canterbury

Looking towards Mount Potts one of the film locations for Lord Of The Rings
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:35 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful pictures Cindy.....keep em coming!!!!
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:35 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Doubtful Sounds

Fiordland

Sunrise over Shag Point on the Otago Coast
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:37 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Beautiful pictures Cindy.....keep em coming!!!!
Thanks Caroline but that about does it for me for now at least but do promise to post more later. Time to go recharge my batteries with some food...back later
Old Jun 11th 2005, 12:42 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by shepslady
Windsurfing on Lake Hawea

Maori Lake South Canterbury

Looking towards Mount Potts one of the film locations for Lord Of The Rings
Stunning pictures. NZ has such wonderful outdoors.

Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:52 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by shepslady
Bay of Islands NZ

Rotorua

Napier NZ

The weather here in DC is very humid and I find it very difficult to deal with - can someone PLEASE post some pictures of NZ ... some nice "cool" pictures! Cheers and tia.

Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

The weather here in DC is very humid and I find it very difficult to deal with - can someone PLEASE post some pictures of NZ ... some nice "cool" pictures! Cheers and tia.
I've saved all of the photos from both photo threads and will be posting them on the NZ photo section soon.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.