NZ Pensions

Old May 14th 2010, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZ Pensions

I have been reliably informed that if you have PR and have resided in NZ for 10 years you are able to get a full NZ pension. I assume if you wish to claim the state one you have in the UK you will forgo the NZ one. I understand that if NZ does give you a pension they claw back from the UK what you would have received there.
Old May 14th 2010, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ Pensions

To be eligible for NZ Super you need to be aged 65 or over and a legal resident of New Zealand, having lived here for ten years since age 20. Five of those years have to be since you turned age 50.

You cannot claim full entitlements from both the UK and New Zealand state pensions
If your UK state pension is worth more than New Zealand Superannuation, you can receive your UK pension direct from the UK government.

If your UK state pension entitlement is worth less than New Zealand Superannuation, the UK government will pay part of your pension and the NZ government will top up the rest.

Single: $19,425.12 p.a gross

Married couple(when both qualify) $29,184.48 gross

http://www.workandincome.govt.nz/ind...ion/index.html