Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ or OZ please help?

NZ or OZ please help?

Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ or OZ please help?

Originally Posted by di90
I don't like where we live (leicester), run down, ugly looking, full of immigrants who are not contributing to society - my road is filling up fast with them!
See what you make of Auckland then
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:34 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's important to realise that Australia and New Zealand seem to be joined at the hip to some people in England, whereas they are in fact two very different countries.

We have lived in both.

For us (and it will be different for others), NZ offered no lifestyle to speak of due to the unaffordability of it, the low wages and high costs. We were restricted to watching TV a lot as we couldn't afford to go out and do anything.

Australia gives us a fantastic lifestyle as we earn salaries almost as high as our UK ones, but with lower costs than the UK. So we can afford to enjoy the lifestyle Australia offers.

I don't know anything about midwives wages though.

Buzzy
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:47 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't like where we live (leicester), run down, ugly looking, full of immigrants who are not contributing to society - my road is filling up fast with them!

Originally Posted by Browner_
See what you make of Auckland then
Browner - Don't be so hard on yourself!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=southerner;6162399]Quote:

Shift roads perhaps ??
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:10 pm
finally in melbourne

di90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura about

thankyou to all for taking the time to reply with your views.

It sounds to me like most people on here including the PM's i've recieved are saying go to OZ as will be better off. I am starting to swing towards Oz, however will have a reccie to both before i decide for sure.

thanks again to you all.

Di
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:20 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

thankyou to all for taking the time to reply with your views.

It sounds to me like most people on here including the PM's i've recieved are saying go to OZ as will be better off. I am starting to swing towards Oz, however will have a reccie to both before i decide for sure.

thanks again to you all.

Di
Good- do a reccie, don't, for goodness sake, make your mind up on such a huge decision based upon people on here. I think you'll find the most vociferous on here dislike NZ, but that is in no way a representative sample. If you've got a reasonable chunk of equity and a reasonable salary and like the great outdoors and want a slower pace of life, you'll almost certainly love NZ. Oz's 'great outdoors' is a whole lot less accessible than NZs, unless you are a real beach lover.

That said, Oz has many positives that NZ doesn't have- it's about matching your wants and needs to the country.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:21 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

ps: looks like au pair quite possible in NZ

http://www.aupairdownunder.com/
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:09 pm
finally in melbourne

di90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=bourbon-biscuit;6169310]ps: looks like au pair quite possible in NZ

thought so! thanks for the link - this site is a wealth of information