NZ or Oz?

Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

georgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the rough
Default NZ or Oz?

My hubby and I are ready to leave USA (we are both brits on work visas for 5 years) and we're trying to decide between the two afore mentioned destinations. While I am leaning towards Oz (I have a lot of family there) i'd also like to explore the possibilities of NZ as well. My aussie cousin told me NZ was really rough, esp the north island..anyone have any input? Also, as I have been in south georgia for the last few years, I have becomed accustomed to heat and sun...cannot live without them!
Any feedback would be really appreciated.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:26 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ or Oz?

Originally Posted by georgiagal
My hubby and I are ready to leave USA (we are both brits on work visas for 5 years) and we're trying to decide between the two afore mentioned destinations. While I am leaning towards Oz (I have a lot of family there) i'd also like to explore the possibilities of NZ as well. My aussie cousin told me NZ was really rough, esp the north island..anyone have any input? Also, as I have been in south georgia for the last few years, I have becomed accustomed to heat and sun...cannot live without them!
Stay with your family. We like it rough - sets us apart from the West Islanders. If you cannot live without heat and sun you may also not be going to live much longer either - heard about skin cancer?
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

georgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by thebears
Stay with your family. We like it rough - sets us apart from the West Islanders. If you cannot live without heat and sun you may also not be going to live much longer either - heard about skin cancer?
.......heard of ambre soleil?
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thebears

oooh you go girl
Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

Your Cousin sure has a good impression " Rough Nth Islanders", I actually laughed when I read that . Where did she hear that from, LOL. No wonder people get put off countries by comments like that.
If your'e looking for HOT,HOT weather stay in OZ.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 6:10 am
livewire

NZ only does "hot" for about 2 months of the year. It's better at "rain" and "damp" although South Island does do a pretty good "drought" now and then.

If you're looking for climate then Oz is probably better, NZ is a lot more temperate.

But South Georgia that's all snow and penguins isn't it ?

Old Mar 5th 2006, 6:25 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Oz wins hands down. "Where the bloody hell are ya?"

Things seem possible there but impossible in NZ.
600 a week leave NZ for Oz adn dno't come back. Speak to anyone here with family and most of their kids are in the UK or Oz. They all say they're coming back but they don't mostly do that.
Winters are too long in NZ.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annaerb
Your Cousin sure has a good impression " Rough Nth Islanders", I actually laughed when I read that . Where did she hear that from, LOL. No wonder people get put off countries by comments like that.
If your'e looking for HOT,HOT weather stay in OZ.
He lived over there for a while and was quite appauled at the Maori attitude towards their 'women' but then again I think there is a certain degree of that anywhere you go. However, here in red neck country it's the big chunky momas beating their skinny weedy men into submission!
I'm completely open minded about places and I there is no better opinion about a place from a person who actually lives there, i hope I didn't offend any north islanders! I feel like I may have stepped into some sensitive north/south divide territory!
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Oz wins hands down. "Where the bloody hell are ya?"

Things seem possible there but impossible in NZ.
600 a week leave NZ for Oz adn dno't come back. Speak to anyone here with family and most of their kids are in the UK or Oz. They all say they're coming back but they don't mostly do that.
Winters are too long in NZ.

Looks like this is going to be another trash NZ thread. Hey winters are long in UK too, March and it is still -5 last night and snowing. Pretty damp and rainy in summer too, but hey at least you can escape the UK with cheap Ryan Air flights and go to warmer places.
Skin cancer is huge in NZ so it must get sunny some time.
My son is back in NZ at Uni, so some and you are so wrong I would say most come back after doing their OE. We will also be back within the next few years, just need to tick off a few more travel spots first.
KAZ
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

He lived over there for a while and was quite appauled at the Maori attitude towards their 'women' but then again I think there is a certain degree of that anywhere you go. However, here in red neck country it's the big chunky momas beating their skinny weedy men into submission!
I'm completely open minded about places and I there is no better opinion about a place from a person who actually lives there, i hope I didn't offend any north islanders! I feel like I may have stepped into some sensitive north/south divide territory!

This person has got to be a nut job!
KAZ
Old Mar 5th 2006, 8:05 pm
livewire

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
Looks like this is going to be another trash NZ thread. Hey winters are long in UK too, March and it is still -5 last night and snowing. Pretty damp and rainy in summer too, but hey at least you can escape the UK with cheap Ryan Air flights and go to warmer places.
Skin cancer is huge in NZ so it must get sunny some time........

KAZ
Eh? how on earth do you work that out Kaz Hen .

This thread is about the differences in the climate between Nz and Oz - no one mentioned the UK, what has that got to do with the price of eggs anyway?

Skin cancer has nothing to do with "sunshine" but more to do with the lack of an ozone layer above this part of the world which is at its worse during the spring. It's something that people take very seriously here and rightly so.

Instead of just trying to cause a fight why don't you contribute to the thread with the same good nature that everyone else has.?

Old Mar 6th 2006, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

OZ v NZ?
No competition really, OZ wins hands down in every respect!
Dont even waste your time or money coming here, unless you like 2-3 months of summer and 9-10 months of cool to cold weather.
Heating is either non existant in Kiwi homes or unaffordable.
Makes a nice centre piece though having a gas fire or log burner. Adds to the decor.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:18 am
turkeytickler

what are the sausages like in oz?

Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:36 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
what are the sausages like in oz?
Most are crap, though you can find some Brit and gourmet style ones that aren't too bad. Can forget about finding a decent black pudding here though!
NZ black pudding is acceptable but British is best I've tasted.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:49 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Most are crap, though you can find some Brit and gourmet style ones that aren't too bad. Can forget about finding a decent black pudding here though!
NZ black pudding is acceptable but British is best I've tasted.
cant say ive tried nz black pudding - my logic being if they can turn a humble banger into the food of beelzebub what on earth are they going to do to a black pudding?? :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.