NZ noise laws

Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:00 am
Just Joined

andyish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ noise laws

Hi, this is my first time posting on this site, so hello everybody.

Currently living in ponsonby just outside auckland, living next to a hairsaloon who seem to enjoy their music which is ok until while i'm at work, but from 6 to 9 its getting to be abit annoying, i've gone through the emailing her, talking to her, telling her process.

In the Uk companies now have to have a liecense to play music in the workplace, are there similar laws in NZ/Auckland, or can anyone suggest anything to do, (other than turning my TV up or stero)

Thanks

Andy
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ noise laws

Originally Posted by andyish
Hi, this is my first time posting on this site, so hello everybody.

Currently living in ponsonby just outside auckland, living next to a hairsaloon who seem to enjoy their music which is ok until while i'm at work, but from 6 to 9 its getting to be abit annoying, i've gone through the emailing her, talking to her, telling her process.

In the Uk companies now have to have a liecense to play music in the workplace, are there similar laws in NZ/Auckland, or can anyone suggest anything to do, (other than turning my TV up or stero)

Thanks

Andy
Your local councils website will detail the regulations that apply. There are plenty of laws in my area, but whether they cover the situation you describe I dont know.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:06 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

You should contact Auckland City Council regarding excessive noise.
I understand they recieve a lot of calls
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:08 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Keep going in, and in, and in, and asking nicely, while she has clients.
Far better for her to seem agreeable to them while working. Once she finishes for the day, just politely tell her you'll keep "popping in" til she turns it to a reasonable volume.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/coun...complaints.asp

I guess they'll not make much fuss over noise during the day, but might be worth giving them a call. They'll come to your house and test the noise level and will do something if it is beyond what is reasonable.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pascalr
You should contact Auckland City Council regarding excessive noise.
I understand they recieve a lot of calls
usually they don't take it seriously - until/unless you writte a serious letter to them or give them a call many times

because they do recieve a lot of calls

but it's worthwhile to try - nothing to loose

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 24th 2008 at 9:22 am.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:29 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

Indeed, one has to be persistent and a result may not be achieved overnight.