Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ immigration said NO

NZ immigration said NO

Old Dec 18th 2006, 7:51 am
Duts

Dutson has a spectacular aura aboutDutson has a spectacular aura aboutDutson has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down NZ immigration said NO

Well at least we know, apparently a married couple with no kids and never will have, husband had job in NZRAF to go to but wife has arthritis but works is unsuitable for the fab country of New Zealand.
Well there loss I guess, it amazes me though that they waited until the very last day of 3 months of the EOI being submitted to tell us this.
After going all through the medical checks, etc, etc, and so a hell of a lot of money after its a NO. They were aware of myself having arthritis as it was on our EOI but yet they still made us continue, got our hopes up and for wot, just so they could line their pockets with more English cash. ahhhhhhh. Well thats wot it feels like.
How can they make a judgement on someone when they have never met that person, have they checked my work sickness record, NO, if they had they would have realised I have had none. Do I sponge of the UK government, NO, I have worked since the age of 16 full-time till now at 35yrs.
Well guys now i have had my mad rant I wish u all the luck in the world in NZ and hope its all u dreamt off.
Cheers
Shell
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:12 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ immigration said NO

[QUOTE=Dutson]Well at least we know, apparently a married couple with no kids and never will have, husband had job in NZRAF to go to but wife has arthritis but works is unsuitable for the fab country of New Zealand.
Well there loss I guess, it amazes me though that they waited until the very last day of 3 months of the EOI being submitted to tell us this.
After going all through the medical checks, etc, etc, and so a hell of a lot of money after its a NO. They were aware of myself having arthritis as it was on our EOI but yet they still made us continue, got our hopes up and for wot, just so they could line their pockets with more English cash. ahhhhhhh. Well thats wot it feels like.
How can they make a judgement on someone when they have never met that person, have they checked my work sickness record, NO, if they had they would have realised I have had none. Do I sponge of the UK government, NO, I have worked since the age of 16 full-time till now at 35yrs.
Well guys now i have had my mad rant I wish u all the luck in the world in NZ and hope its all u dreamt off.
Cheers
Shell[/QUOTE

I am so sorry to hear your news. If it were me, I probably would have been in tears. Is there no other path you could try - I have heard people mention medical waivers but never having had to go down that path, I have no real idea of the possibilities. Don't give up until you have exhausted all avenues. Can't your C O explain if there are any other options or have you already tried that? My commiserations and karma for your bad news.
Karen B
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:14 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry to hear your news. If it were me, I probably would have been in tears. Is there no other path you could try - I have heard people mention medical waivers but never having had to go down that path, I have no real idea of the possibilities. Don't give up until you have exhausted all avenues. Can't your C O explain if there are any other options or have you already tried that? My commiserations and karma for your bad news.
Karen B[/QUOTE]

Sorry, no karma as I have to spread it about - commiserations anyway.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:27 am
Duts

Dutson has a spectacular aura aboutDutson has a spectacular aura aboutDutson has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by karonious
Karen B
Sorry, no karma as I have to spread it about - commiserations anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yer I was none to happy, as if dealing with arthritis for most of my life hasn't been bad enough with being turned down from jobs in the past because of it, but now being turned down by a whole country, it makes u feel a bit shit. Ahh well, unless there is a new miracle cure out there, there is nothing we can do apparently as they class me as too expensive - ha.ha. first time for everyting.
Cheers for your thoughts.

Shell
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:55 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya -

There is a lady on here who knows the medical appeals procedure inside out. If they have decided 'no' at the ITA stage, then my guess is that your case has not been looked at in too much detail.

If you are working, not claiming benefits, rarely in hospital and all that, then its worth you trying an appeal - depends how badly you want this?

Speak to your case officer for advice - I would!

The lady on here to whom I refer is claire hopkins and she signs herself as the Hopkins Clan. I am sure she wont mind me mentioning your name and she is a font of knowledge.

BEst wishes to you - Kate.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Shell,

Hi Just come online and seen your post, We are in a similar position and fighting immigration all the way regarding a medical condition with our son who has Cystic Fibrosis ( I think you would agree a very serious condition ) You are within your rights to appeal any discission that is reached by a Medical Assessor but you have to disagree with medical costs as long as you can support this with medical consultants back up. Dont give up the process but please PM me and I can go into further details with you

Regards The Hopkins Clan