NZ Dream

Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of
Default NZ Dream

Hi All,

Been reading through some of the "Doom and Gloom" threads but trying not let it get us too despondent.

What we Dream of is a modest property on a few acres of land, no close properties ( I can put up some BIG Radio Aerials without getting knock on door complaining of TV interference ).

A few extra bedrooms or separate building to let out as a holiday rental, help pay the mortgage.

A place to open a Craft Shop for OH to sell our Hand Made Baby Knitwear.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alarm clock going off, Time to wake up, reality check. ah well, roll on sleep time again........
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:05 am
Banned

Madmaxdeux will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NZ Dream

That is entirely possible in New Zealand as long as you pick the right location.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:13 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

you get everything you're dreaming for!

Our dream is a small house (1-2 bedroom), largish garden, I think an acre would be enough, five seems too big, a good view of the sea, a good job for OH, I would love to start my own little business otherwise I'd love a job with animals. Oh and I'd love to live on the SI, though we're probably going to have to live in Wellington, but that's fine too.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

My NZ dream comes true next month, I dream of a sold out Westpac stadium for a football match in this country, and at long last, 34,500 kiwi's got tickets to cheer on the All Whites, don't even think the All Blacks manage a sell out at the cake tin these days

Slowly but surely they are getting there
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:52 am
Just Joined

kiwitoto will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: NZ Dream

Dont let the doom merchants pull you down, we have a similar dream. At present renting in Rotorua for family reasons and the exchange rate and the house in UK that hasnt sold... BUT we have been doing some looking and the dream properties are out there.
I am kiwi, the OH is the foreigner!
So keep dreaming, NZ is a good place to live, recession, warts and all.

PS, I also loved living in England, travelled the length and width with job so certainly learnt where NOT to live..
Old Oct 21st 2009, 10:03 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

We were looking through Trademe last night, just to get an idea, and we saw this property for $680,000. Huge, with a park for a garden, it really looked like a botanical garden, for that kind of money here in Egypt you'd be lucky to get a 600 metre plot of land with a 300-400 m house.

I'm not wearing rose tinted glasses, in fact OH often accuses me of obsessively reading all the negatives I can find about New Zealand, but I really have to say it again, I'm in love with the place, and I've travelled and lived in some beautiful countries!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

The harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really nice

Originally Posted by Celticknight
Hi All,

Been reading through some of the "Doom and Gloom" threads but trying not let it get us too despondent.

What we Dream of is a modest property on a few acres of land, no close properties ( I can put up some BIG Radio Aerials without getting knock on door complaining of TV interference ).

A few extra bedrooms or separate building to let out as a holiday rental, help pay the mortgage.

Alarm clock going off, Time to wake up, reality check. ah well, roll on sleep time again........
Hi, I notice that you're from North Wales. We've just emigrated and been here for a month now. We are both originally from Connah's Quay/Northop and worked at a hospital in Bodelwyddan and St. Asaph. When do you hope to come over and what area are you looking to settle.
I'm afraid that the disillusioned threads have originated from me amongst others, when I was having a particularly bad day, so sorry about that. We're all individuals and what some enjoy, others don't.
Hope all goes well with your move over and hope you find what you're looking for. If I can be of any help just let me know.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 11:38 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwitoto
Dont let the doom merchants pull you down, we have a similar dream. At present renting in Rotorua for family reasons and the exchange rate and the house in UK that hasnt sold... BUT we have been doing some looking and the dream properties are out there.

PS, I also loved living in England, travelled the length and width with job so certainly learnt where NOT to live..
well said

Dewb
Old Oct 21st 2009, 11:46 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Celticknight;8032806]Hi All,

Great post Celticknight

All we want is to be happy and comfortable (as we are here), OH is Kiwi so as he has given it a go in the UK for me I am going to give it a go in NZ before our children get much older and it makes the move harder for them.

Unfortunately after the ball got rolling property prices slumped & the exchange rate plummeted , but having committed to the process financially & emotionally) we are carrying on.

May all your dreams come true
What doesnt kill you makes you stronger

Dewb x
Old Oct 21st 2009, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

It is all about informed choice, weighing up the pros and cons based on your individual circumstances and then having taking everything into account ...... just take a deep breath and a huge leap of faith . . . . depends how high your bar is as to how risky that leap of faith is.

The following Mark Twain quote very much inspires me........

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream.
Discover

good luck all with whichever way we all decide to jump

We are VERY nearly there ..... the huge leap of faith is looming on the horizon

xx
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

We dream of a nice 4 bed house, near some beaches, and the occasional trip to see the parrots frolic......
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:51 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louloumama
It is all about informed choice, weighing up the pros and cons based on your individual circumstances and then having taking everything into account ...... just take a deep breath and a huge leap of faith . . . . depends how high your bar is as to how risky that leap of faith is.

The following Mark Twain quote very much inspires me........

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream.
Discover

good luck all with whichever way we all decide to jump

We are VERY nearly there ..... the huge leap of faith is looming on the horizon

xx
Great quote ...thanks lol, and good on you for starting a 'positive' thread celticknight...karma on its way to both of you.

Like most of the people on here, for us it is also a huge 'leap of faith', we are 'sailing away from our safe harbour'!

Good luck to all and we all achieve our dream.... richer in life if nothing else!!

B x
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwitoto

I could be described as one of those 'doom merchants' with my 'NZs economy going down the pan'. We can't win aye. Us posters have been accused of 'not telling the truth' and being over optimistic and pulling the wool over people's eyes. I am simply telling what I beleive to be happening because I take the bother to listen to informed people on the radio and simply passing on that info. NZ can be a dream. It certainly has been mine, Kate's and the kids. Afterf 5 years (almost) none of the shine has rubbed offf. I love it here..but things do piss me off here, shite service, shite driving, oddness of most kiwis in relation to meaningful relationships..like they are very freindly on the surface but there's not much depth there. Many people have noted this including a chap who came here aged 3 from SA and spent many years in Chile as a young adult. He says NZ folk are bloody odd when it comes to friendship..he went on to say "why do you think most of my friends are foreigners?????"
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh we all have dreams don't we. Has anyone read "THE SECRET" I started a manifestation board when I came here and have ticked a few items off that list. You only have to ask and have faith it will come to you. Like the genie in Alladin says "Your wish is my command" so (according to the secret) you have to ask and BELIEVE that what you have asked for will come true. My next wish to be ticked off is nearly there!!! One day I WILL have a house with a fabulous sea view! Your wish is my command.

If you say oh I don't think we will get our residency -Or I am not well - -or I can't afford it!!! We all say that even me sometimes!!! Hey you know what - your wish is my command!! Try "I choose not to spend my money on that at this moment in time! " Think about it

Anyway, I try to think positively in all aspects of my life but it is hard to try and check your every word and thought and it takes some doing believe me.

If you have not read the book or watched the DVD it is worth a shot - you never know - things just may change for YOU

Good luck to you all I am sure you will all aspire to what you want out of emigrating to NZ.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:53 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
I could be described as one of those 'doom merchants' with my 'NZs economy going down the pan'. We can't win aye. Us posters have been accused of 'not telling the truth' and being over optimistic and pulling the wool over people's eyes. I am simply telling what I beleive to be happening because I take the bother to listen to informed people on the radio and simply passing on that info. NZ can be a dream. It certainly has been mine, Kate's and the kids. Afterf 5 years (almost) none of the shine has rubbed offf. I love it here..but things do piss me off here, shite service, shite driving, oddness of most kiwis in relation to meaningful relationships..like they are very freindly on the surface but there's not much depth there. Many people have noted this including a chap who came here aged 3 from SA and spent many years in Chile as a young adult. He says NZ folk are bloody odd when it comes to friendship..he went on to say "why do you think most of my friends are foreigners?????"
Hi Genesis
FWIW I don't think of you as 'a doom & gloom merchant'!
A balanced view is always useful ...it is good to know how some people are finding life on the other side of the world...the ups & the downs!
It's good to hear that you are settled and happy with your life.....even if it means putting up with a few annoying things!!
B x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.