NZ Diving

Old May 16th 2005, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default NZ Diving

ATENTION FELLOW DIVERS!!!!!

Seems there are a few of us who post who are into diving so in response to Don's post on the BoP thread just a few mins ago, here's a place for all thats scuba in NZ.......rate dive sites, operators, little known dive sites, who does good courses......etc,etc!!!!!

Dave
Old May 16th 2005, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZ Diving

Originally Posted by Paladin
ATENTION FELLOW DIVERS!!!!!

Seems there are a few of us who post who are into diving so in response to Don's post on the BoP thread just a few mins ago, here's a place for all thats scuba in NZ.......rate dive sites, operators, little known dive sites, who does good courses......etc,etc!!!!!

Dave
So, are The Poor Knights REALLY that good?

Dave
Old May 17th 2005, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Roger...are you about? Desperate to hear your diving stories from NZ!!!

Don, Mister Divemaster, what were your experiences?

Come on! I'm fogging my mask up in suspense LOL!!!

Dave
Old May 17th 2005, 1:05 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Roger...are you about? Desperate to hear your diving stories from NZ!!!

Don, Mister Divemaster, what were your experiences?

Come on! I'm fogging my mask up in suspense LOL!!!

Dave
Sad to say I never dived in NZ, I nearly gave it a go but absence of gear and the need to look after 2 kids sort of clouded my judgment and I never made time to give it a go. Closest I dived to NZ was out of Cairns for 3 months but that's a loooong way away.

Actually I have been out of the water for 4 years, I hereby resolve to get back in.

What about yourself - where have you dived?
Old May 17th 2005, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Don
Sad to say I never dived in NZ, I nearly gave it a go but absence of gear and the need to look after 2 kids sort of clouded my judgment and I never made time to give it a go. Closest I dived to NZ was out of Cairns for 3 months but that's a loooong way away.

Actually I have been out of the water for 4 years, I hereby resolve to get back in.

What about yourself - where have you dived?

Hi Don,

Haven't dived NZ yet...hence the thread!

Have had some good diving out of Port Douglas, north of Cairns. Am hoping to finish training up to Instructor level(PADI) upon arrival in NZ. Currently at Rescue Diver with Divemaster training manuals in hand and training scheduled for Divemaster completion before coming out to NZ(end 2005).

Quite fancy NZ as a base for exploring the delights of Micronesia etc in the Pacific.

Dave
Old May 17th 2005, 1:29 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Don,

Haven't dived NZ yet...hence the thread!

Have had some good diving out of Port Douglas, north of Cairns. Am hoping to finish training up to Instructor level(PADI) upon arrival in NZ. Currently at Rescue Diver with Divemaster training manuals in hand and training scheduled for Divemaster completion before coming out to NZ(end 2005).

Quite fancy NZ as a base for exploring the delights of Micronesia etc in the Pacific.

Dave
Unspoilt bits of the GBR have to be amongst the best divespots in the world but Micronesia is all that and more. I have dived around a wee bit (Mexico, Honduras, Egypt, Thailand, Indonesia etc) but I would say unspoilt Australia rates as GREAT!!!

Not sure about cold water diving, though.
Old May 17th 2005, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Don
Unspoilt bits of the GBR have to be amongst the best divespots in the world but Micronesia is all that and more. I have dived around a wee bit (Mexico, Honduras, Egypt, Thailand, Indonesia etc) but I would say unspoilt Australia rates as GREAT!!!

Not sure about cold water diving, though.

Don,

Yep, definitely ready to NOT have to wear a dry suit to dive LOL!!!

Have done some of my dive training in inland sites in the UK, ie quarries(e.g. Vobster Quay)..OMG..not only cold but no vis, I mean zilch!!.

Just takes the fun out of it....different world to wreck diving off Yap!!!

Dave