Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Nursing Council of New Zealand ( A Saga)

Wikiposts

The Nursing Council of New Zealand ( A Saga)

Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:26 am
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice
Default The Nursing Council of New Zealand ( A Saga)

Just for reference like, I would like to give future nursing emigrants an insight to dealings with the Nursing Council of New Zealand.

My wife and myself (both nurses) decided that we would emigrate to New Zealand. One of the first things we did was investigate this site for information (I was already a member from when I considered working in the US a few years ago) On this site we gleaned a load of information from searching posts and from some top class members who, right from the start, kept us on the straight and narrow (Boopy stand up and take a bow )

We contact the University where we studied and asked them to send of the relevant information to the Nursing Council of New Zealand.(Transcript). Then we asked for references, our NMC verification and sent our completed applications. The application included all the requested documentation and the fee of $465 each. The Nursing Council received all of this on September the 12th 2007.

We contacted the Nursing Council on September the 17th asking,

Can you tell us if you have received all the relevant documentation and correspondence to process our registration?

To which they replied,

Your applications were received and payment processed on 13 September 2007. Your applications are now in the queue for assessment. You now need to wait for this assessment of the documents to be completed. It may be a few weeks for this to be done and then a letter will be posted.

We did not contact the Nursing Council again until the 1st of October when we emailed them asking,

Can you tell us if all the relevant documentation has been received by the Nursing Council so that it may be processed. If you can inform us of any omissions we can chase them up at this end.

They replied on the 2nd of October,

Please wait for the Nursing Council of New Zealand to complete the assessment of your application. Letters will be posted to you once this is done.

We again emailed the Nursing Council on the 22nd of October asking,

Can you advise us on the position of our application for registration as we cannot complete our Immigration Application without it

They replied,

Letters will shortly be sent to you concerning your applications.

On the 3rd of November I contacted my prospective employer telling them that we could not submit our ITA until the Nursing Council had dealt with our Registration. On the 5th of November my new employer told me that she had spoke to the Nursing Council and

they would give us an idea of what's happening.

I contacted the Nursing Council mentioning my employers message and in the early hours of this morning they emailed me,

ME – all documents received and application has gone for assessment approval
MY WIFE – waiting on last document (1 character reference).

We phoned to ask what the problem was with the reference for my wife, asking which references had been received, the person on the other end of the phone reluctant to act uttered with some indignation that she would

have to go and get the file

We now have some understanding of what the hold up is with my wife’s registration.
I have no idea what the hold up is with mine
Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Nursing Council of New Zealand ( A Saga)

Originally Posted by ned
Just for reference like, I would like to give future nursing emigrants an insight to dealings with the Nursing Council of New Zealand.

My wife and myself (both nurses) decided that we would emigrate to New Zealand. One of the first things we did was investigate this site for information (I was already a member from when I considered working in the US a few years ago) On this site we gleaned a load of information from searching posts and from some top class members who, right from the start, kept us on the straight and narrow (Boopy stand up and take a bow )

We contact the University where we studied and asked them to send of the relevant information to the Nursing Council of New Zealand.(Transcript). Then we asked for references, our NMC verification and sent our completed applications. The application included all the requested documentation and the fee of $465 each. The Nursing Council received all of this on September the 12th 2007.

We contacted the Nursing Council on September the 17th asking,

Can you tell us if you have received all the relevant documentation and correspondence to process our registration?

To which they replied,

Your applications were received and payment processed on 13 September 2007. Your applications are now in the queue for assessment. You now need to wait for this assessment of the documents to be completed. It may be a few weeks for this to be done and then a letter will be posted.

We did not contact the Nursing Council again until the 1st of October when we emailed them asking,

Can you tell us if all the relevant documentation has been received by the Nursing Council so that it may be processed. If you can inform us of any omissions we can chase them up at this end.

They replied on the 2nd of October,

Please wait for the Nursing Council of New Zealand to complete the assessment of your application. Letters will be posted to you once this is done.

We again emailed the Nursing Council on the 22nd of October asking,

Can you advise us on the position of our application for registration as we cannot complete our Immigration Application without it

They replied,

Letters will shortly be sent to you concerning your applications.

On the 3rd of November I contacted my prospective employer telling them that we could not submit our ITA until the Nursing Council had dealt with our Registration. On the 5th of November my new employer told me that she had spoke to the Nursing Council and

they would give us an idea of what's happening.

I contacted the Nursing Council mentioning my employers message and in the early hours of this morning they emailed me,

ME – all documents received and application has gone for assessment approval
MY WIFE – waiting on last document (1 character reference).

We phoned to ask what the problem was with the reference for my wife, asking which references had been received, the person on the other end of the phone reluctant to act uttered with some indignation that she would

have to go and get the file

We now have some understanding of what the hold up is with my wife’s registration.
I have no idea what the hold up is with mine

We had 'a very intersting time' dealing with this body. Not something I would like to do again it has to be said. Another nurse echoed our sentiments. One got to thinking...do they really bother if we come or not. Hang on in there NZ is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo worth all the hurdle jumping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1
Old Nov 6th 2007, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

they did tell us that it could take up to 3 months to get our registration but we got it in 6 weeks and they were pretty good at keeping us informed - maybe it depends which jobsworth you get on the end of the phone / e mail
Old Nov 6th 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

They tell everyone 3 months.

You should try being a Kiwi and registering with the NMC in the UK !!!!

Gill
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

And beware the fun doesn't stop when you get here!!!!! I have only been here 10 months and I am one of the lucky 5% to go through the audit process
But these are just hurdles, I put my ITA in pending registration and NZIS were OK with that!
Old Nov 6th 2007, 9:04 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

Originally Posted by donnaf
they did tell us that it could take up to 3 months to get our registration but we got it in 6 weeks and they were pretty good at keeping us informed - maybe it depends which jobsworth you get on the end of the phone / e mail
That is the issue here I think.
I have asked for updates and if everything is OK, and it takes 2 months of nothing and WAIT FOR A LETTER and an intervention from my employer before they tell me there may be a problem!

I just thought for those who recently have been asking about Nurse registration this may help put things into perspective
Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

OMG! I thought it was just me the council didn't like!!!! I have being trying to sort ONE last document for the last 3 months!!! Which means my new employer getting impatient and me looking like I'm flying out at Xmas minus reg and work permit in place. Customs, I feel, will not like the look of me when I arrive!!!

Just a note people, when getting your docs verified, the council's website says this can be done by "notary public". However, their notary and your notary may differ! So that's a NO to general postmasters and consultant anaesthetists but yes to part-time nurse who is also a part-time JP!!!!!!:curse:
Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frenchy
And beware the fun doesn't stop when you get here!!!!! I have only been here 10 months and I am one of the lucky 5% to go through the audit process
But these are just hurdles, I put my ITA in pending registration and NZIS were OK with that!

Wow, I thought you were exempt in the year that you registered with NZNC? as you have just had a complete assessment to become registered.

Gill
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Yes Gill you are exempt for 12 months but I registered in August 2006 whilst still in the UK!!!!!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:12 am
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

How much does the most experienced RN earn in NZ, do they need OR Nurses, Orthopedic Speciality.

U.S. you can make over $100,000 N.Z.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:16 am
ned
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Howard1944
How much does the most experienced RN earn in NZ, do they need OR Nurses, Orthopedic Speciality.

I think you are missing the point about New Zealand
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Howard1944

Take the greenback matey!!!! Taking a pay cut to have my adventure!!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:21 am
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

That Bad
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:24 am
ned
BE Enthusiast

Aye
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:30 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

I though there was a skills shortage in New Zealand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.