Reload this Page >

nurse registration questions: please help

nurse registration questions: please help

Old Jun 17th 2011, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

melanieanne63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nurse registration questions: please help

hello guys
was wondering if someone can give me advise....
I have been told that I need to have a copy of my transcripts sent directly from the university to the new Zealand nurse council and also that the nmc to contact the new Zealand council directly to inform them of length of registration, how do I arrange this?.
any advise would be really welcome.
thanks
melanie
Old Jun 17th 2011, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

allisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really nice
Default Re: nurse registration questions: please help

I think there is a pack request from NMC and you complete and return that.

I'd be interested in any other answers as I hope to be registering soon having done my IELTS and am about to send for police checks before I apply to NZNC.

Alli
Old Jun 17th 2011, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Hi Melanie

You need to contact the university and tell them you are applying to register with the NZ council and can they send in transcripts of your training.I provided stamped addressed envelopes.
They are used to doing this and normally have someone designated to do this and will charge you an admin fee.

RE:NMC Go onto their website and search verification. You need to e-mail them at: [email protected] and they will send you pack to complete.

It used to be about £45. They will contact NZ council and send you a letter once they have done this.
Have you applied to sit the IELTS exam yet as you need to do this before you can register and the centers that run the exam are usually booked up well in advance, especially this time of year with all the foreign students wanting to study at UK universities.

Where in NZ are you heading for I work at Auckland City Hospital.

Best of luck with your plans
Old Jun 17th 2011, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Hi Ali

We used to live near Mansfield, I worked at Kings Mill and Nottingham University, what about yourself
Old Jun 17th 2011, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

allisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really nice

Hi Ragdolls,

I'm just on edge of Mansfield....work in North Derbyshire. Kings Mill is 5 mins away! How long have you been in NZ?

I'm a school nurse....not many jobs going for me in NZ but am going to give it a go!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Ali- we have been here exactly one year today I am a clinical specialty nurse at ADHB - I work in research. I start my new job at Nth Shore hospital in July - Diabetes Research / Diabetes Educator. When I first applied for jobs whilst still in the UK I was told by agencies that I would not get a job in research, well this is my second job in a year in research and I have had the opportunity to apply for others in this field so don't give up hope. Wishing you all the best. Where are you hoping to work in NZ
Old Jun 17th 2011, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

thank you so much for your replies....but was wounding, as silly as it sounds, when I contact the university to ask them to send the transcripts, do I do this after I have sent nurss registration document so that the nznc has a file on me already.
am looking to book English test tomorrow, dreading that ha ha. do they use nurse prescribers in nz yet, I am a mental health nurse, looking to come to Auckland, so excited. I am from Liverpool but have worked in hull for the past 4 years..
Old Jun 17th 2011, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: nurse registration questions: please help

just another quick question, did you guys go through an agency.... not sure whether they will be a help or hindrance, have read mixed reviews.... xxx
Old Jun 17th 2011, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melanieanne63
just another quick question, did you guys go through an agency.... not sure whether they will be a help or hindrance, have read mixed reviews.... xxx
I made contact with the DHB`s directly. There are not too many and they advertise their current vacancies on their websites. HTH.
Also from Liverpool, trained at LJMU.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Hey Melanieanne,

I'm not going to use an agent. The process looks fairly straightforward....in comparison to Oz anyway!
Keep in-touch and let us share experiences of NZNC registration!
Old Jun 18th 2011, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

yes, definitely.
I also went to jmu.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

yes, definitely.
I also went to jmu.
Hi all,

So did I!!! When did you guys qualify from LJMU?

I joined 2 agencies and they said they'd keep their eyes open for jobs in plastics. Ended up going directly to the ADBh website my self and lo and behold got myself my own job starting in September

Even though the job was advertised, I didnt hear a thing from the agencies, so from experience its better to apply directly yourself.

Good luck with your IELTs. If you need any advice, I'm happy for you to PM me.

Bev
Old Jun 18th 2011, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Hi Bev K, i qualified in March 2007... i was on the mental health branch. In regards to agencies i have heard a few people say that they started with agencies but then found their own job as the agencies appeared to be a bit slow. Will prob do it myself.
IELTS application completed ready for Mondays post, yicks! xx
Old Jun 19th 2011, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bev K, i qualified in March 2007... i was on the mental health branch. In regards to agencies i have heard a few people say that they started with agencies but then found their own job as the agencies appeared to be a bit slow. Will prob do it myself.
IELTS application completed ready for Mondays post, yicks! xx
Qualified 2008. Adult Nursing branch for me.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

thank you so much for your replies....but was wounding, as silly as it sounds, when I contact the university to ask them to send the transcripts, do I do this after I have sent nurss registration document so that the nznc has a file on me already.
am looking to book English test tomorrow, dreading that ha ha. do they use nurse prescribers in nz yet, I am a mental health nurse, looking to come to Auckland, so excited. I am from Liverpool but have worked in hull for the past 4 years..
Yes nurse prescribers are here in NZ but many, many, many hoops to go through!! You will have to do a masters 1st then apply to be a nurse practioner to have prescribing rights. This is LOTS of work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.