Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Nurse needs help with EOI

Nurse needs help with EOI

Old Jul 15th 2010, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Brucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really nice
Default Nurse needs help with EOI

Hi all

If there are any nurses who are or have gone thru the eoi you may be able to help me. I'm currently finalising my eoi. I'm a registered nurse who trained in the old system before degrees etc. Since then I have completed the relevant third level diploma. I have already successfully registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand.

My question is do I claim 50 points for qualifications (diploma in nursing) at level 7 on the basis that my diploma is accepted by the NZQA as being exempt from their list due to it being assessed by the NZ Nursing Council.

Thanks
Old Jul 16th 2010, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nurse needs help with EOI

Originally Posted by Brucey
Hi all

If there are any nurses who are or have gone thru the eoi you may be able to help me. I'm currently finalising my eoi. I'm a registered nurse who trained in the old system before degrees etc. Since then I have completed the relevant third level diploma. I have already successfully registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand.

My question is do I claim 50 points for qualifications (diploma in nursing) at level 7 on the basis that my diploma is accepted by the NZQA as being exempt from their list due to it being assessed by the NZ Nursing Council.

Thanks
Kate reckons the answer is yes. She is a nurse. Kate says it might we worth while for belts and braces to either go to NZ house and check or call the UK NZIS 'pound a minute' line for the word from the horses mouth.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Mmm struggling with this one as I am a newer trained nurse and didn't have to think of the question. I would go for yes and plead ignorance if anything pops up. Good luck
Old Jul 18th 2010, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Oooops, it's a long time since I did this, but I seem to remember that the critical thing is the NZNC registration number. NZIS are more interested in the fact that nursing's governing body has deemed you competent to nurse in NZ than in what your basic qualification is. I trained light years ago and have a basic RGN, & I also have a PGDip in nursing...the EOI wouldn't accept either of those quals as I seem to remember, but when I typed in the magic NZNC registration number it let me proceed. But then again I wasn't the main applicant cos hubby was the one with the job offer, so I don't know if that would have made a difference

I hope you've managed to get it sorted by now.