Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

To be or not to be.... a hairdresser that is!!

To be or not to be.... a hairdresser that is!!

Old May 5th 2009, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

kazmac72 is just really nicekazmac72 is just really nicekazmac72 is just really nicekazmac72 is just really nicekazmac72 is just really nicekazmac72 is just really nicekazmac72 is just really nicekazmac72 is just really nicekazmac72 is just really nice
Default To be or not to be.... a hairdresser that is!!

Hi again guys,

As many of you will know, our plan for getting to NZ involves me going back to school to gain a Business, Admin & Management qualification, and finding a job to get some recent experience.

But....

I have been speaking to a few people who live in Whangarei who tell me there is a definite shortage of decent hairdressers, and one has suggested I should retrain as a hairdresser.

This line of work has always intrigued me, and in fact I barbered for years for the lads on camp, and frequently cut my girls' hairs, so it would definitely appeal. The drawback is that it takes two years to complete an NVQ level 2 qualification, and then I'm not even sure whether this will be enough to give me the relevant points, or whether an NVQ level 2 is the correct Level 4 NZQA level....

So, before I go charging in and decide to change my life and career choice, I want to make sure it will be worth it, and perhaps, gauge from hairdressers that used their skill to get over there, if the NVQ 2 is enough??

Karen xx