Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Northland vs. Bay of Plenty ?????

Northland vs. Bay of Plenty ?????

Old May 14th 2005, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all
Default Re: Northland vs. Bay of Plenty ?????

Originally Posted by enilorac
I was born in Lincolnshire Shazza in a forces hospital which I think is now an office building!! How long have you been in NZ then? Loved the pictures on that website by the way!!

Caroline
Completely uselss info for you both - butting in on convo - sorry - I was born in Portsmouth Naval Hospital - still there but now a multi-forces hospital apparently??? Still loving this thread - a 'warm and fuzzy' thread!
Old May 15th 2005, 12:07 am
enilorac

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
Completely uselss info for you both - butting in on convo - sorry - I was born in Portsmouth Naval Hospital - still there but now a multi-forces hospital apparently??? Still loving this thread - a 'warm and fuzzy' thread!
Feel free Sunshine...the more the merrier....don't ya just love warm and fuzzy....!!!!!

Old May 15th 2005, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Feel free Sunshine...the more the merrier....don't ya just love warm and fuzzy....!!!!!
Crikey you-re up late - just sent you a msg with some photos.
I love warm and fuzzy.
Old May 15th 2005, 12:16 am
enilorac

Crikey you-re up late - just sent you a msg with some photos.
I love warm and fuzzy.
You managed to send photos...I am impressed.... especially as I forgot to ask the guys for techinical assistance...sorry...

I am up late aren't I - just as well I get a lie in on Sundays isn't it ...

Been sampling some NZ red and watching Billy Connolly's world tour of NZ -
still trying to get through the 2nd disc but have to keep rewinding to look at the scenery...
we'll still be watching it at Xmas at this rate!!

Anyhoo, am off to bed shortly...just waiting for an auction to finish on ebay for a device to stop the neighbours dogs barking and sending me up the wall!!

Talk Soon Sunshine

Caroline

Old May 15th 2005, 12:28 am
enilorac

Sunshine....I can't open the photos!!! arghhhh......the suspense is killing me....but too late to do anything about it tonite...will try and sort in the morning......

Old May 15th 2005, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

shazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant future

I was born in Lincolnshire Shazza in a forces hospital which I think is now an office building!! How long have you been in NZ then? Loved the pictures on that website by the way!!

Caroline
I was born in England..my parents were Kiwis on their OE.We lived there a yr then moved back here,so I have a NZ accent.

I have a British and an NZ passport. My Grandparents were British immigrants to NZ in their twenties as was my Husbands, Dad.I really like both countries for different reasons entirely .When i was 19 I went to the Uk and lived and worked there for a year in 1984/85 also went touring England ,Scotland Ireland,a bit of Wales and Paris and some of Germany in 2002.Im gald you liked the website..we have an amazing walk you can do if you are fit where you can stand and see all those places at once ..its awesome on a beatiful day..my Husband took me there on our first date!!
Cheers..Shazza from NZ
Old May 15th 2005, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

shazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant future

What smell You get used to it - honest. I like both to be honest. Just a little too quiet for me in Papamoa - but - we spend HEAPS of time there in the summer. Just beautiful.
Its true about the smell after a few days there you dont even notice it anymore!!
Old May 16th 2005, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shazzafromnz
To see some beautiful pictures of the amazing Whangarei coastline which i love so much..see www.allens.co.nz.the front page flashes you these neat photos in a slide show.

Shazza (born in Uk ,lived in Nz most of my life and currently in Whangarei).
Shazz,

great photos!!!! CHEERS!!! 360 degree views of the Poor Knights!!!

Must admit although I feel the BoP pulling at me from a "probably a bit livelier" standpoint, Whangarei sure is pulling my strings from a "diving" standpoint!!!!!!

Dave
Old May 16th 2005, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Good evening Dave (Morning to me!!)

Just got back from the soccer madness here in Rotorua - 3 fields full of school kids playing soccer - plus all their coaches and parents - madness but just great to see. Anyway another website worth looking at www.realenz.co.nz - general real estate stuff
www.bayleys.co.nz
www.harcourts.co.nz
- Realenz will be very helpful for you I think. Papamoa is GORGEOUS, but its mainly a seaside town - although building a big new shopping complex and retirement village there. For me, its only an opinion, its way too quiet - great to visit, but in the winter there is not much to do. Tauranga has more to offer and is close to Papamoa and the Mount (maunganui). However, like I said pricier than Rotorua. Also - hopefully within the next 2-5 years Rotorua's airport is due to be flying directly to Aussie - so will be great for us to be able to then get international connections from Oz. Hamilton and Auckland are the nearest places for that otherwise. Tauranga has some great cafe's and bars etc, but has a 'bigger city' feel than we do. We are both Health Care professionals and so have lived and worked in bigger places, but we like to friendly feel of Rotavegas, and its fun! Right well off to town - weather is bloomin cold here today - sunny yesterday and freezing today - OH is playing golf so he'll come back frozen! Take Care.
Hi Sunshine,

Thanks so much for the helpful info/links!

I was doing some research on dive operators today too as I want to finish up my Instructor qualifications when we get out there and was amazed to see that Rotorua has a dive shop, and seems quite a good one too!!!Was quite surprised as its inland LOL!

Take care,
Dave
Old May 16th 2005, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scottish
HI Dave

The Coromandel in my opinion has the wow factor. What a place, never seen water that blue before. Great place, very friendly and some lovely little shops. Very small but saying that good possiblity for a diving business. What I liked about the place was that someone said you can get a boat across to Auckland... pretty cool way to arrive in NZ I think.

Sorry for the overload on the Indian stuff lol... had an interview this morning and I was rather hyper ha ha.

Another website you can look at for both rentals and homes for sale is www.eves.co.nz.

ps I am a bit of an expert on the best places for takeout in the area, me liking my grub.... so if you like Greek food can recommend a great place up the Mount.
Cheers,

The rental section on eves.co.nz looks decent too.

Dave
Old May 16th 2005, 4:22 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a PADI Divemaster and would be happy to hear dive reports from around NZ.
Old May 16th 2005, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paladin
Hi Sunshine,

Thanks so much for the helpful info/links!

I was doing some research on dive operators today too as I want to finish up my Instructor qualifications when we get out there and was amazed to see that Rotorua has a dive shop, and seems quite a good one too!!!Was quite surprised as its inland LOL!

Take care,
Dave
We do have an excellent Dive shop here in Rotorua. There is a wreck sunck in one of the Lakes that a friend recently went to - learning to dive as part of her lessons. We are inland but we are surrounded by lakes, and only an hour from the nearest beach, and 2 hours to most other reasonable places to visit. Been really busy the last few days - and will be this week so keeping an eye on the posts but not bale to post much at the moment - see you all soon again though.
Old May 17th 2005, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paladin
Shazz,

great photos!!!! CHEERS!!! 360 degree views of the Poor Knights!!!

Must admit although I feel the BoP pulling at me from a "probably a bit livelier" standpoint, Whangarei sure is pulling my strings from a "diving" standpoint!!!!!!

Dave
Hi dave glad you liked the photos..you are right thou it probably is a bit livelier in the BOP plus very central.
Shazz