Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

north or south island

north or south island

Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

pinkninny has a spectacular aura aboutpinkninny has a spectacular aura aboutpinkninny has a spectacular aura about
Talking north or south island

We about to put our expression of interest in and have now got to think about north or south any suggestion. i'm in the hospitality trade and partner is uni researcher. we both quite easy where we go but want more country than town life
Old Jul 30th 2006, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: north or south island

Originally Posted by pinkninny
We about to put our expression of interest in and have now got to think about north or south any suggestion. i'm in the hospitality trade and partner is uni researcher. we both quite easy where we go but want more country than town life
There are 7 universities in NZ, and as you would expect all have their specialties. Eg, medicine at Auckland and Otago, Vet at Massey and Law at Auckland and Victoria. Therefore it is probably a better question to ask which universites offer the work that your partner wants to reserach.

From North to South the unis are: Auckland Uni, Waikato (in Hamilton), Massey (in Palmerston North), Victoria (in Wellington), Canterbury and Lincoln (in Christchurch) and Otago (in Dunedin).
Of course there are miriad polytechnics and other tertiary 'learning providers' so it depends if these are possibilities too. Again, though, it depends on the area of expertise.
Of course, I am biased, but I say south every time!