Non human natives

Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non human natives

Originally Posted by gvbjersey
when backpacking several years ago, I found a size 8 downwards was a solution, if you don't the sound and mess

On another note, anything in the water locally to be wary of?
Sharks, sting rays, jelly fish - just the usual really
Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Sharks, sting rays, jelly fish - just the usual really
I read the post and thought they meant the drinking water.

Bit thick me at times.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I read the post and thought they meant the drinking water.

Bit thick me at times.
Maybe they did mean the drinking water
Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

gvbjersey is an unknown quantity at this point

Aha, that would be telling......

As beer is more inportant than water, I wanted the salty type analysis.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, appreciated.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

[QUOTE=Wellington Will;7644036]I got a Weta in my hair on day 5 in the rental house.

I think it was hiding in some boxes I was moving, but I felt something twisting around, reached up and pulled this amber-brown jurassic looking beastie from my hair.

There was this sort of primeval scream from deep within. Bit like a bearded 3 year-old girl.

We've see a few since, and one of our friends has a weta hotel in his garden, a hollowed out tree trunk stuffed full of the be-tentacled monsters.

We've also killed 2 White tailed spiders in the house - one in the bedroom - and are currently battling a mouse that has managed to avoid the traps for over a week.

We've been here for 4 months.

try putting peanut butter in the trap worked first time for us

Last edited by minky; Jun 9th 2009 at 11:01 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light

I've only had 1 weta in the 3½ years i've been in New Zealand, but probably hundreds of whitetails as we live in the centre of bush, you kind of get used to them!

We've had a rat in the spare room (lots of the little buggers managed to get in the back of the kitchen cupboard and ate the rat poisin in it's tub and the dishwasher pipe!), that we managed to chase out!!

I've no idea how the weta got into the house but it was just sat in the middle of the lounge and HUGE!