Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Noisy Insects at night?

Noisy Insects at night?

Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Noisy Insects at night?

Hi All....I know you've got the Cecada's during the day, but what are the beetle like one's that come out at night that make the high pitched noise called? We seem to be getting a number of them in the house at the moment and I'd just like to read some info. on them.....

Cheers
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Noisy Insects at night?

They'll be the crickets. big black ones?
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg
Hi All....I know you've got the Cecada's during the day, but what are the beetle like one's that come out at night that make the high pitched noise called? We seem to be getting a number of them in the house at the moment and I'd just like to read some info. on them.....

Cheers

guessing crickets (?) around at nights. but what can we do about it?

The high pitched noise drives me crazy - can't seem to get a good night's sleep (myself as being particularly sensitive to sound and noise) All of a sudden we had loads of them in the house for a week or so - Because a cricket bred in the garage! hence we were so busy to kill them every minute & everywhere (jumping around) for a while. It was yuck! Last night my brother came in my bedroom and said to me Wow, it's bloody loud! how do you manage to get sleep then??

a large cricket was caught on a sticky mouse trap in the garage last week!........ but I found another giant one last night!

got another mouse today. removed the sticky one with my hands again and put it into a plastic water bottle.... it's jolly fun to see it

The house is full of Mouse, Flies, Crickets and Ants

Now I've realized that I truly hate a rural life! as well as Auckland & stinking heat with the blazing sun - can't stand

SO, today I made a new plan in my life - I am going to get a new apartment some day - should be Insects & Rats fREE (at least) huh?

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 9th 2008 at 11:29 am.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
guessing crickets (?) around at nights. but what can we do about it?

The high pitched noise drives me crazy - can't seem to get a good night's sleep (myself as being particularly sensitive to sound and noise) All of a sudden we had loads of them in the house for a week or so - Because a cricket bred in the garage! hence we were so busy to kill them every minute & everywhere (jumping around) for a while. It was yuck! Last night my brother came in my bedroom and said to me Wow, it's bloody loud! how do you manage to get sleep then??

a large cricket was caught on a sticky mouse trap in the garage last week!........ but I found another giant one last night!

got another mouse today. removed the sticky one with my hands again and put it into a plastic water bottle.... it's jolly fun to see it

The house is full of Mouse, Flies, Crickets and Ants

Now I've realized that I truly hate a rural life! as well as Auckland & stinking heat with the blazing sun - can't stand

SO, today I made a new plan in my life - I am going to get a new apartment some day - should be Insects & Rats fREE (at least) huh?
Am glad I live on the 8th floor!!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:57 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Wetas make a clicking noise at night.