Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Noise pollution in New Zealand

Noise pollution in New Zealand

Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:50 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Noise pollution in New Zealand

Noise pollution in NZ

New Zealand is a beautiful country but lacks structure in many cases, such as the boy racer problem they have.

This problem exists in many countries and in countries like Australia they have taken measures to stamp it out. It seems that New Zealand is starting to face this problem area and the first step is to introduce noise level controls on vehicles.

Have a look at this website http://www.noiseoff.org.nz/index.html which offers links to NZ Land Transport website

This is from their homepage …

Right now, hundreds of thousands of New Zealanders are regularly disturbed by the noise epidemic. The problem extends far beyond homeowners and road users – it now impacts on business and tourism. Restaurants and Cafes are losing customers. Angry tourists are checking out of hotels.

Interesting ………………
Old Apr 7th 2007, 1:55 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Noise pollution in New Zealand

Originally Posted by Campbells
Noise pollution in NZ

New Zealand is a beautiful country but lacks structure in many cases, such as the boy racer problem they have.

This problem exists in many countries and in countries like Australia they have taken measures to stamp it out. It seems that New Zealand is starting to face this problem area and the first step is to introduce noise level controls on vehicles.

Have a look at this website http://www.noiseoff.org.nz/index.html which offers links to NZ Land Transport website

Right now, hundreds of thousands of New Zealanders are regularly disturbed by the noise epidemic. The problem extends far beyond homeowners and road users – it now impacts on business and tourism. Restaurants and Cafes are losing customers. Angry tourists are checking out of hotels.

Interesting ………………
I wait with interest to see who is going to rise to the challenge of debating with our resident troll.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 2:20 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Apple12
I wait with interest to see who is going to rise to the challenge of debating with our resident troll.
There is no challenge. The post is here as a matter of interest to others. If you are not interested go and start a new topic about New Zealand regarding the taste of cornflakes & sausages. You know the real deep stuff.

You may notice that there is a website involved quoting that this IS a problem for thousands of New Zealanders as well as NZ businesses. You may also note that the Land Transport department are also involved.

What is your point here ? Apart from sheepshagger & troll any other names you want to throw ? Really you are just embarrassing yourself mate.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 2:25 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

What is your point here ? Apart from sheepshagger & troll any other names you want to throw ?
Just out of curiousity, where in any of my posts has the word sheepshagger been written?
Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Noise pollution in NZ

Interesting ………………
Mate,please can't you find anything positive to say...at all? It's almost as if you scroll through all the media looking for something negative to post,then try to light the fuse.
There is no longer any sign of neutrality in your posts or threads,and people's lack of response must be seen as a message-we're tired of your moaning. Pack it in-it's boring-and don't bother with your 'look,he's got tainted glasses on' bollocks, we see your name on a thread,and know what's coming.
In fact I'm slightly pissed off I've fallen for it myself.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Suicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to all

Yes I'm absolutely sure NZ has a Vehicle noise problem, But so does the town I live in. While visiting NZ I saw 8-9 boy racer typed drainpipe exhausted cars, I was there for three weeks. I see that many a day here.
We may be under the low limit imposed by eurocrats, but why bother the police are far too busy with their radar guns to noise test anyone.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 8:18 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Noise pollution in NZ

Interesting ………………
Zzzzzzzzzz.

More unsolicited 'advice' directed to no one in particular. I guess it's a public service, kind of like the stinky bag lady on the bus who is convinced that the government is trying to POISON HER and wants to warn us too.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:34 pm
Banned

To-date 120 views and 6 replies which are from the same-old brigade with the same old material.

Have you actually considered that your over protective attitudes on this forum may lead thinking folk to actually wonder why you are so anti people posting about things that are actually happening in New Zealand. It could very well be that your attitude is the negative one especially when it is repetitively the same members having a go at me time after time.

We have a hoon problem where we live and it is not a bad area. We have a couple in our neighbourhood that drive around here like it is their own personal racing track.
We have a wee lad and do not like the fact that these kids are potential death on wheels and there seems that nothing is getting done about it. We have ongoing deaths in the area and it is a boy racer problem.

The fact that I have posted a thread pointing to something is getting done about it you still want to paint negative. I think you’re pushing it a bit far.

Perhaps you lot are actually intimidating people that are actually considering New Zealand as a destination from asking questions as they may just pop a raw nerve with the same-old-bunch.

The way you lot carry on says to me that you feel so strong about anybody posting information that may be seen as negative towards New Zealand that you actually are trying to fool yourselves into some sense of false security.

Your applying of pressure and attacks against me resemble that of Mugabe where he controls the media and nothing negative is allowed to be said against him and his party. Is that the kind of picture you wish to paint of New Zealand?

I have said before, if you don’t like my posts don’t read them but these ongoing attacks at me for posting my opinion ( which I am entitled to) is really only de-grading the tone of this forum and ultimately the image of the mentality in New Zealand.

I don’t think people are going to find a country inviting if they are not allowed to question or discuss topics they feel pertinent. Consider the other side of your actions.

Happy Easter and have a lovely day.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:50 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

To-date 120 views and 6 replies which are from the same-old brigade with the same old material.
We have a hoon problem where we live and it is not a bad area. We have a couple in our neighbourhood that drive around here like it is their own personal racing track.
We have a wee lad and do not like the fact that these kids are potential death on wheels and there seems that nothing is getting done about it. We have ongoing deaths in the area and it is a boy racer problem.

Move then!!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 11:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by P18PPS
Move then!!
Thank you for your well thought out strategy.

This will for sure address the problem.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:08 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P18PPS
Move then!!
Just not to Australia
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Just not to Australia
Nooooooo, Australia is great, Australia is fine, Australia will solve all of his problems
Please Campbells, consider Australia. I am sure that there will be loads of people there who will take you seriously and march upon Parliament for you
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:46 am
Banned

Nooooooo, Australia is great, Australia is fine, Australia will solve all of his problems
Please Campbells, consider Australia. I am sure that there will be loads of people there who will take you seriously and march upon Parliament for you
Here we are again, you said something negative about New Zealand, just F Off and I am the one that gets labelled shallow? Good debating skills there. Why don’t you lead by example and go and start a thread discussing the different type of wallpaper available in New Zealand and the flying ducks you can hang on your wall.

Hey maybe we’ll consider Christchurch as there in no problems there at all. No gangs, No P factories, No Hoons and of course plenty of jobs, low cost housing and fantastic salaries. Not sure if there is no stabbings there? Hey and maybe the Kiwi’s have invented wallpaper for leaky homes.

Hold me back, I’ve found utopia.

Don’t forget to take your Kiwi tablets …………..
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:46 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Apple NOT!!
Old Apr 8th 2007, 4:50 am
Account Closed

Hey maybe we’ll consider Christchurch as there in no problems there at all. No gangs, No P factories, No Hoons and of course plenty of jobs, low cost housing and fantastic salaries. Not sure if there is no stabbings there? Hey and maybe the Kiwi’s have invented wallpaper for leaky homes.

Hold me back, I’ve found utopia.
Nope, you have got it all wrong... no utopia here at all. ChCh is full of P labs, teenagers play hip hop while canoodling on Sumner beach. We all spend hours commuting to work, and the full 5km of motorways is jammed full of idiots, none of whom give way. There is graffiti everywhere, on every fence and blank piece of wall. As for jobs and wages, the mayor has given up and is paying for people to take the bus to the airport.

You would absolutely hate living here in ChCh. Please reconsider Australia instead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.