Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Of No relevance - kids names for SarahB!

Of No relevance - kids names for SarahB!

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:16 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Of No relevance - kids names for SarahB!

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
If you have a dishwasher it acts the same as a steriliser - really! By the time we got to baby number 3 a quick wash under the tap and a suck of the dummy sufficed!
that's what my sIlaw (midwife) says but I'm not entirely convinced and MrsL would only do this after 12 months.....even though he used to pick up live insects and eat them at 9mnths......and eat dirt out of the pot plants....
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
we have loads Avent stuff not used much as our second had to be taught to use a bottle after 9mths as he insisted on only using a doidy cup/beaker by then (the childminder would never have managed otherwise) - he takes the Avent bottles with non-return spouts now...but we must have about a dozen bottles, loadsa handles and plenty of unused teats.....could post some or bring em - when u due??
I bought loads of Avent bottles for DS and whilst we were in hospital he wouldnt drink from the round teat so the hospital changed him to an orthodontic one without telling us. I could never get him to drink from the Avent teat after that and had to send OH down to Boots or Tescos to get some new bottles. He ended up buying Nuk anti colic ones which were excellent... he never was poorly and never had colic. I went shopping last week at Botany and found the exact same bottles that we used first time around. So I've almost decided to buy the Nuk bottles again and maybe the Avent steriliser as I know they fit in ok... they are pretty tall bottles. Thanks for the offer though.... I'm not due for another 11 or 12 weeks I think.... losing count at the moment. I will have a chat with my OH and see what he thinks... I will be bottle feeding this time around.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:22 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

that's what my sIlaw (midwife) says but I'm not entirely convinced and MrsL would only do this after 12 months.....even though he used to pick up live insects and eat them at 9mnths......and eat dirt out of the pot plants....
You have to build up immunity!! All 4 of ours are alive and kicking ... had the insects been sterilised?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a dishwasher it acts the same as a steriliser - really! By the time we got to baby number 3 a quick wash under the tap and a suck of the dummy sufficed!
Its like you are told never ever to heat up babies bottle in the microwave... well in the end we did. It was so much hassle when youre out to find some way of warming it up... sticking it in a jug full of hot water took ages whilst bub is screaming blue murder in your ear.... we knew exactly how many seconds it took in the micro for it to take the cold edge off the milk. We used to shake it really well after so there was no hot spots and never fed him if we werent happy with the temperature.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:25 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

You have to build up immunity!! All 4 of ours are alive and kicking ... had the insects been sterilised?
nah but some came out still kicking!!! :scared: (that's from the top end!! BTW)
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

As a kid I used to eat raw carrots straight out of the ground and half ripe apples off our trees... cant remember being very poorly as a child! Oh, and I've drunk water out of horse water buckets too when I was a small person.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:28 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by SarahB
Its like you are told never ever to heat up babies bottle in the microwave... well in the end we did. It was so much hassle when youre out to find some way of warming it up... sticking it in a jug full of hot water took ages whilst bub is screaming blue murder in your ear.... we knew exactly how many seconds it took in the micro for it to take the cold edge off the milk. We used to shake it really well after so there was no hot spots and never fed him if we werent happy with the temperature.
spot on - humbug if you shake well, just remember to re-tighten the lid after equalising the pressure!!!
not easily remembered when on 3hrs sleep.......
we had some pressure equalising/anti collic teats for no. 2 - worked fine but he gave up soon so the spares went to another expecting mum in MrsL's office....
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:29 pm
you dewty owld maan!

As a kid I used to eat raw carrots straight out of the ground and half ripe apples off our trees... cant remember being very poorly as a child! Oh, and I've drunk water out of horse water buckets too when I was a small person.
the bucket was for the top end not to collect the "larger" from the other end???
reminded of old joke about Tuborg lager and dray horses.....too poor to contemplate posting/quoting..............
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

LOL... youre worse than me!! My DS was called peanut then squirmy worm... squidgey midget.... wiggly..... widget... widge...now hes so naughty we call him by his proper name at long last!

Ive been on the baby naming websites and they suggest exactly what youve said too... avoiding silly initials and also to avoid celebrity names. All my cousins gave their children stranger names so I wanted to be the odd one out and call my kids bulk standard names. Well.... they have to live with them and what might seem cute for a bub doesnt mean its a good name for them as an adult. Honestly, my coffee group could talk about different names all day as everyone likes something different... we have a right laugh over some of them.

Hi, i have 2 girls one lucy and the youngest polly, wasnt till i had polly that somebody pointed out that i had a lucy lockett and a polly pockett, anyway they both suit their names, polly gets called porky or polpol so good luck with your baby and who knows what you may decide.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

I agree about keeping ideas to yourself, I had a few names that I really liked but the looks on some peoples faces and the comments they made put me off!
We changed our minds about the little ones first name so now she has 2, plus a middle name, so plenty to choose from if she doesn't like the first 2!