Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

No more crying windows

No more crying windows

Old May 30th 2008, 5:02 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute
Default No more crying windows

Well for some of you in NZ and in a wooden or even a brick house you will have done the wiping windows in the mornings because of the dew point thing, well i have just got rid of my crying windows as i fitted my own HVS sustem by Weiss from Mitre 10 Mega at $1500 including a tempering heater, and so far only after a week , we have no crying windows in the morning, yipppeee and the place feels even warmer, we didn't have damp or mould as the house gets all day sun, its just that when you heat a house and then the outside temp changes you get that Dew point where the humidity turns to water and bingo, absorbs into your furnishings and onto your windows, the system we fitted disrupts the Dew point and bingo no crying windows.

And when you think that HRV was $2700 for a system that uses heat from your roof, but when does a tiled roof get really hot, they dont, maybe a iron roof with building paper as well, now they get hot even in winter.

Give it a go and go DIY, i even wired it up, all you need is a socket in the loft to plug the thing in to/
Old May 30th 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: No more crying windows

mmm... you have me thinking....did you get some quotes and advice and stuff from the big companies first then go and do it yourself, or did you just work it out? I'm thinking we could get advice in the form of a "quote"!!! then go do it ourselves....
Our problem is we are two story although the garage is single so maybe we could run it through the wall between the garage and the hall way????
mmmm... thats a very reasonable price...
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:13 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default Re: No more crying windows

Originally Posted by jueinnz
mmm... you have me thinking....did you get some quotes and advice and stuff from the big companies first then go and do it yourself, or did you just work it out? I'm thinking we could get advice in the form of a "quote"!!! then go do it ourselves....
Our problem is we are two story although the garage is single so maybe we could run it through the wall between the garage and the hall way????
mmmm... thats a very reasonable price...
We'll be 2 story soon, were considering solar, don't know enough about any system yet