No going back!

Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:16 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No going back!

Hiya lovely people

There's no going back after this week, I'm handing my notice in on Wednesday . I don't think it will be a huge shock to them, as I've been talking about nothing else for months. OMG I hope it's the right thing to do!
I won't have many shifts to do as I'm having an op this friday, so will be off sick for 2 wks
Just less than 7 weeks to go until we arrive. We arrive on 20th Jan(which is my Birthday), so if anyone is up for a , please join us at the Auckland Hilton. I'll be the one asleep in the corner.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No going back!

Woohoo how exciting!! I remember how it felt still. I loved handing my notice in as I worked for a right horrible old bat....hehe. She had lived here for a while too and was so jealous.

Have you been here before? Where are you planning to settle?

Cool to arrive on your birthday! Youre arriving at the warmest part of the year too... summer started properly in January last year. Dont bring any cold dreary UK weather with you!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SarahB
Woohoo how exciting!! I remember how it felt still. I loved handing my notice in as I worked for a right horrible old bat....hehe. She had lived here for a while too and was so jealous.

Have you been here before? Where are you planning to settle?

Cool to arrive on your birthday! Youre arriving at the warmest part of the year too... summer started properly in January last year. Dont bring any cold dreary UK weather with you!
We lived in Parnell for a few months last year (long story as to why we returned, so it has to work out this time!!!). We are looking to live on the North Shore, possibly on the Whangaparaoa peninsula. Dave will be based in the CBD but will have to travel round NZ quite often.

I'm looking forward to having a summer Birthday at last, but the lengths one has to go to, to get one . I fully intend to leave dreary weather in the UK, so save plenty of sunshine for me
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnnieNell
We lived in Parnell for a few months last year (long story as to why we returned, so it has to work out this time!!!). We are looking to live on the North Shore, possibly on the Whangaparaoa peninsula. Dave will be based in the CBD but will have to travel round NZ quite often.

I'm looking forward to having a summer Birthday at last, but the lengths one has to go to, to get one . I fully intend to leave dreary weather in the UK, so save plenty of sunshine for me
You'll be knackered on your birthday. I am going to be up that way on Saturday, we are going to a christmas party in Orewa... house on the beach front apparently.. looking forward to that! I've not been up that way before.

You know what its like here then if youve lived here before.

I hope you get over your op quickly.... need all your strength to uproot to the othe side of the world!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:42 am
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya lovely people

There's no going back after this week, I'm handing my notice in on Wednesday . I don't think it will be a huge shock to them, as I've been talking about nothing else for months. OMG I hope it's the right thing to do!
I won't have many shifts to do as I'm having an op this friday, so will be off sick for 2 wks
Just less than 7 weeks to go until we arrive. We arrive on 20th Jan(which is my Birthday), so if anyone is up for a , please join us at the Auckland Hilton. I'll be the one asleep in the corner.

OOOOOoooooo So happy for you - I bet you cannot wait!!!!

If I can get Andy to hire me a private jet I shall be there to join you in a glass of vino

Hope your op goes well x
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SarahB
You'll be knackered on your birthday. I am going to be up that way on Saturday, we are going to a christmas party in Orewa... house on the beach front apparently.. looking forward to that! I've not been up that way before.

You know what its like here then if youve lived here before.

I hope you get over your op quickly.... need all your strength to uproot to the othe side of the world!
Thanks Sarah
I think it will be the sleepiest Birthday I'll have had since I was born . Have a great time at your party, have a couple of for me as I guess I'll have to abstain for a while.
I've only driven through Orewa, nice beach though. Have you been to Waiwera Spa yet? We had a great day there. Perhaps your OH could treat you once baby has arrived
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
OOOOOoooooo So happy for you - I bet you cannot wait!!!!

If I can get Andy to hire me a private jet I shall be there to join you in a glass of vino

Hope your op goes well x
Thanks Guys,

I'm sure Andy would do that for you. It's such a leetle thing but so thoughtful . If he won't then I shall just have to have a drink for you
Annie
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Sarah
I think it will be the sleepiest Birthday I'll have had since I was born . Have a great time at your party, have a couple of for me as I guess I'll have to abstain for a while.
I've only driven through Orewa, nice beach though. Have you been to Waiwera Spa yet? We had a great day there. Perhaps your OH could treat you once baby has arrived
I remember the first day we were here.... I think I mustve had motion sickness or something.... I felt like I was still travelling for about 2 days. I felt totally dazed, longest flight Id ever done before was to turkey!

I suppose I'll be designated driver for saturday... one or two ginger beers for me!

No, not been to Waiwera although have heard of it. I havnt been up that way before.... looks a long way from us on the map although its never as far as you think.... you get on SH1 and you soon get places!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:07 am
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys,

I'm sure Andy would do that for you. It's such a leetle thing but so thoughtful . If he won't then I shall just have to have a drink for you
Annie

Well I asked and he said no as the jet is being used by friends

Yes- have that drink for me - & I will toast your birthday here in cyber land

So have you started packing etc?
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

ballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really nice

Hiya lovely people

wasn't this a bit risky? in case they got rid of you early. I know I am going to nz next jan 2008 so a year jan technically. There is no way I am going to discuss it until after I hand my notice in.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Well I asked and he said no as the jet is being used by friends

Yes- have that drink for me - & I will toast your birthday here in cyber land

So have you started packing etc?
We are still unpacking from the first time around ! Went to the tip twice on Saturday, feel a few more trips may be required though. It's just sorting out the logistics that's causing me most stress now.

Sorry you can't make it for that drink but I will have a large one for you
What are friends?!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ballsrburning
wasn't this a bit risky? in case they got rid of you early. I know I am going to nz next jan 2008 so a year jan technically. There is no way I am going to discuss it until after I hand my notice in.
I'm a midwife in the NHS, so discussing leaving plans wasn't a problem. Infact the newly qualified midwives are very enthusiastic about my leaving, as it means they will be able to increase their hours. Personally, I think they could've tried a little harder to look upset.
OH had his job in NZ arranged in July but had to keep it quiet until he handed his notice in, in October. No-one suspected a thing. Had there been any training I particularly wanted to do before I left then I would've kept stum too.
Good luck with your move in 2008, any ideas as to where you plan to settle?
Old Dec 4th 2006, 2:58 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Good on you. Bet you cannot wait
Old Dec 4th 2006, 3:04 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: No going back!

That's fantastic news, bet you can't wait...so does that mean you've been nice and staying for the Christmas off duty???

Not sure i'd be quite so considerate!

Good luck with the op on friday, will be thinking of you.
take care
Mandie
Old Dec 4th 2006, 3:05 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... that was pretty rude of those other midwives! Still, the UK's loss is NZ's gain. Many congratulations, and best of luck with your op!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.