Newie

Old Jul 10th 2010, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Lydiap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newie

Hi,

I thought I would introduce myself. I just found this site today- I have been in NZ for 5 months now and didn't even think of looking online for something like this until some friends suggested it.
I moved to Auckland with my husband and our dog 5 months ago. We had some trouble finding somewhere to rent that would take a dog so we found ourselves in Massey. That has worked out well for us with the Waitaks and west coast beaches so close.
We were living in London for the last 4 years, but we're from the South West and were living in Bristol before that.
So after months of looking, I finally found a job and have been working 3 days a week for about 6 weeks now- which is great! My husband manages a bar in Mission Bay so he works weekends and and nights-boo!
If anyone finds themselves at a loose end, it would be good to meet up for a coffee, dog walk, yoga class (I'm a beginner, so if anyone can suggest somewhere they like please let me know)that would be great!
Thanks,
Lydia
Old Jul 10th 2010, 11:33 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newie

Hi Lydia & welcome to the site seems like you are settling in to your NZ life very well.

Maybe you could try a post in the meet up section where more people will already in NZ will view it. Lots from the Auckland area who meet up regularly.

Good luck

Dewb
Old Jul 11th 2010, 7:07 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lydia and welcome to BE!

As Dewb says there seem to be plenty of people on Auckland who meet up over coffee, wine etc. One of them may be along later and reply to you or resurrect a thread in meet ups or start a new one.

We were from London originally and then spent the last 10 years before moving here in the South West, Cornwall actually. So seems we did the opposite to you!

Happy posting.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & Welcome
Old Jul 12th 2010, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks Dewb09, Am Loolah and RobDon,

It looks like a great site.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

pedro0811 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are hoping to move out to New Zealand, assuming we're successful with our visa application and were looking at Massey - what's it like there?

Thanks.

Julie
xx
Old Jul 17th 2010, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pedro0811
Hi

We are hoping to move out to New Zealand, assuming we're successful with our visa application and were looking at Massey - what's it like there?

Thanks.

Julie
xx
Hi Julie,

We like it here because it is near the west coast beaches and it is out of the city, so there is lots of space around us. The traffic can get busy during rush hour, but its nothing compared to UK!
I guess it depends what you like and where you are working.
Good luck with your visa application!

Lydia