Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand's Oldest Immigrant: 102

New Zealand's Oldest Immigrant: 102

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:49 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Zealand's Oldest Immigrant: 102

Oh bless him. What a fantastic spirit, hope he has a safe voyage and many happy years in Nelson with his wife.

I loved his comment

"What's important is that when I'm 105 I don't want to be thinking `I wish I had moved to the other side of the world when I was 102'."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10485260
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:54 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand's Oldest Immigrant: 102

Originally Posted by Nerine
Oh bless him. What a fantastic spirit, hope he has a safe voyage and many happy years in Nelson with his wife.

I loved his comment

"What's important is that when I'm 105 I don't want to be thinking `I wish I had moved to the other side of the world when I was 102'."

Wow what an amazing story! I think the Auckland crowd from here should organise a party to welcome the cruise ship when it docks. I hope they're extremely happy together in New Zealand.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:08 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I loved his comment

Fantastic story - good luck to him
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:42 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

He will fit in well in NZ - most Kiwis have the attitude of 102 year olds

Buzzy
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:42 am

Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:22 pm
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough

I loved his comment

Nerine,
I saw the couple on BBC news here in Britain, it`s a wonderful story! His wife has had a house in Nelson for some time and is from NZ, apparently they both had the same surname and discovered this whilst looking into their family history, then met and married. I truly hope they will be happy and I agree, when he said he didn`t want to regret going when he was 105, I was almost in tears!
Pat.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

Buzzy
Buzz-Off and evolve!
You're depriving your forum of an idiot!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:06 pm
Banned

Maryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really nice

I have a soft spot for her as she uses a 100% kiwi icon for an avatar and a name.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:42 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

Buzzy
Lovely sarcastic comment, but I have no idea what attitudes a 'typical' 102 year is supposed to have.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by kamburu pat
Nerine,
I saw the couple on BBC news here in Britain, it`s a wonderful story! His wife has had a house in Nelson for some time and is from NZ, apparently they both had the same surname and discovered this whilst looking into their family history, then met and married. I truly hope they will be happy and I agree, when he said he didn`t want to regret going when he was 105, I was almost in tears!
Pat.
That's incredible isn't it, the whole story just sounds amazing. I bet they are such, sort of people you'd just love to sit and chat with. I would imagine they're fascinating people.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

Agree!

They seem amazing people.

When I told my Nan about our plans she said she couldn't wait to visit if we got in!

She is 93!

And she went to Portugal for two weeks to celebrate her last birthday!

Last edited by banshigirl; Jan 6th 2008 at 8:51 pm. Reason: spelling mistake