Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

new zealand what a place

new zealand what a place

Old Aug 1st 2010, 8:40 am
Just Joined

andyp968 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new zealand what a place

Hi we are new to this site my name is Andy and my wifes name is Tracey we have 2 girls and we moved to west eyreton (canterbury) in may 2007 so far we are enjoying life soooo much more than in the UK where we used to live in horsham west sussex i would recommend anyone who wants to move to new zealand to just do it and dont get some muppet to get your visas for you coz its a rip off do it yourself it is so easy
Old Aug 1st 2010, 8:58 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new zealand what a place

So pleased you are enjoying it so much, hope we settle as well as you. We leave next Monday

Good advise re visa

Dewb
Old Aug 1st 2010, 10:50 am
Just Joined

MarkandAshlieBuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andy

We moved to Wellington on 1st July from Southampton UK. Its only been 4wks but its a cool adventure. We also done our own visa forms and its so easy...

The whole country is beauty beyond belief and my only regret is that i didn't come here years ago...

Best of luck to ya in NZ

Mark
Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:43 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyp968
Hi we are new to this site my name is Andy and my wifes name is Tracey we have 2 girls and we moved to west eyreton (canterbury) in may 2007 so far we are enjoying life soooo much more than in the UK where we used to live in horsham west sussex i would recommend anyone who wants to move to new zealand to just do it and dont get some muppet to get your visas for you coz its a rip off do it yourself it is so easy
Welcome to BE. We are very happy you have joined our little community.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 6:39 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome to this cosy little Nz forum.
Looking forward to hearing much more about your journeyt to NZ and the 'muppets' int he next few days.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Chris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond reputeChris-Napier has a reputation beyond repute

Hiyya,
Looks like you arrived in NZ a month after us. My daughter and two granddaughters emigrated here in April 2007. Came on an LTBV because I was 56, my daughter was 39 when we first applied. Managed to get it sorted fairly quickly as we went with a 'Franchise' which Immigration approved of. We own and run a Women Only Health & Fitness Club in Napier. Started it from scratch.....refit of building and the whole set up. We opened the doors in September 2007 and it has flourished. Now employ 6 staff, 7 contractors and have over 600 members. And running in profit! yay!

Notice you were from Horsham.......so was I before coming here, although I was born in East Grinstead. Yes, I do miss my friends and family but it is such a great opportunity here. The two granddaughters are at the Girls High School and doing so well, such a different way of life. We love Hawke's Bay, weather is great!!

We have now decided to sell the business as we have achieved what we set out to do when we came here. Got Residency last December. We now want to try something else and also see a lot more of this beautiful country. The business is a great opportunity for someone as all the hard work is done so once sold we can plan our next venture!

Where in Horsham did you live?
Regards
Christine