Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand Speeding Tickets

New Zealand Speeding Tickets

Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough
Default New Zealand Speeding Tickets

One thing that is really p...ing me off about New Zealand is the unexpected letters that I seem to be getting from the 'Constabulary'. Two tickets in a month - I managed one in ten years in the UK. The fines are similar to the UK too at $170. A Brit at work received three in one day when he got here in November! Luckily no penalty points as I haven't been pulled over - and don't have a Kiwi licence.

A question. One of the tickets was on my rental car and has been re-directed from my old UK address. Will the b.....ds catch up with me? Surely they will not take me to court etc. I resent the dosh which could be spent on insulation etc. Advice please.

Roger
Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:09 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand Speeding Tickets

Originally posted by Roger
Will the b.....ds catch up with me?
Roger
Eventually
Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:25 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

were you speeding?

if you were speeding, then perhaps you should try sticking to the limit....

They used to allow a 10km/hr grace over the limit
Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Just a thought Roger,

I was caught in June in an Avis car. The B%$tards charged my credit card an "admin" fee. I paid the fine but never announced in when I converted my licence. At least I didn't get the points.